Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Featured: Project : V for Vendetta

Noobish, but Trying.

Default Featured: Project : V for Vendetta

Well, here goes nothing.

I've been lurking around this site for a while as a silent observer, and I must say that all of the Mods here are absolutely fantastic. Some of them are actually quite stupifying in their complexity and astounding in their absolute perfection.

They are ALL inspirational, and I hope that my first mod will somehow manage to measure up to these giants.

So without further adeu I'll introduce you to the concept of Project : V for Vendetta.

For years I been using a Thermaltake XaserII case, and even with my best efforts at cable management (and Tube management when I've run water cooling) it has always seemed cramped and cuttered inside my case. To the point that in my lastest build I gave up completely on looming and tying all the wires up.

To solve this problem I've decided that a scratch-built custom case is my best/only option, combined with custom wire mangement and hard piping of my watercooling elements where possible.

This is a basic idea of what V will look like, it's done in Inventor 8 so I've converted them to Jpegs to post here.

I still haven't put in the other windows, or included hardware other than the CD/DVD drives for visual size reference.

As you can see, it's gonna be a monster with a footprint of approximately 23" x 11" and 24" tall. It'll be constructed of mainly aluminum angle and sheet to try and reduce it's weight a bit, and the painting will be outsourced to professionals so that it doesn't peel or flake.

The sides of the case (normally front and rear in a standard tower) will be featureless except for grills towards the top for 120mm fan cooled radiators.
    The rear of the case (opposite the "V" logo) will be cut/formed to accomodate access to the expansion slots and I/O connections.

For a symetrical look there will be 2 cylindrical water rez's attatched to the front, one on either side.

I'll post more pics of the model as I complete it, and of course as many pics of the build in progress as I can muster. Right now I'm still in the materials gathering phase, but my goal is to complete the build before the end of October. (Wish me Luck )

Any comments or critiques are more than welcome, and suggestions are most definately appreciated.

'Till then Cya.

FyreKnight

AP BC Calculus = Headaches

Default Re: Project : V for Vendetta

wow...i like the design very much. its extremely unique (did i spell that right)

anyway, keep it coming

Noobish, but Trying.

Here's another one of the model .. I've done a little more work on it.

Sometimes I think it'd be faster to make it for real than to create the model, lol.

Later

FyreKnight

Are those 2 watercooling reservoirs? Cos i don't think i like them...it looked more interesting without them, but at the same time, it was too plain without them.

They just look too 'stuck on'.

Why not add in something on the theme of a fingerman badge, or a throwing knife? Maybe even the mask that he wears?

Or take the subtle approach with some fireworks...

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Anodized

A great movie and a great subject for a mod. Keep up the good work!
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ stock 1833 mhz at 1.65 volts OCed to 2310 mhz at 1.825 volts|Asus A7N8X motherboard|512mb of Kingston Value ram DDR 400 stock 2.6 volts, 3-3-3-8 operating @ DDR 420, 2.8 volts 2.5-3-2-6|PNY Geforce 6800GS AGP stock|Creative Audigy 2 Value| Samsung 17” LCD Monitor|Logitech X-530 5.1 speakers| Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM drive|Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM drive|
    Thermaltake Bigwater SE Liquid Cooling System|

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

how about making the "V" symbol into like say a fan hole? like cut out around the v and inside the circle and paint the v and circle around the cut....then you would have a nice fanhole right up front....if that works to your airflow

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?

Noobish, but Trying.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Are those 2 watercooling reservoirs? Cos i don't think i like them...it looked more interesting without them, but at the same time, it was too plain without them.

They just look too 'stuck on'.

Why not add in something on the theme of a fingerman badge, or a throwing knife? Maybe even the mask that he wears?

Or take the subtle approach with some fireworks...

-Dave
    Hello Dave ... I have to agree with you about the Rez's looking too 'stuck on' , it felt weird when I was placing them on the model but as of yet I've been stumped for what to do with such a large expanse of a case. The fingerman badge or the dagger(s) are an excellent idea, the mask I had already thought of but the only one I can get before December is a full sized mask and to me it would overwhelm the case too much, and to sculpt one from scratch would take too long considering my hectic work schedual. I'm already pushing the limits with trying to get this this completed before the Nov. 31st deadline in the Coolermaster Case-Mod contest.

Hey b4i7 ... one step ahead of you Behind the "V" symbol will be a 120mm fan with a removable filter, it'll blow directly onto the MB and most probably be the only intake fan present (depending on how I can design the HD array).

Thanks for takin' a look guys, and for the comments. Now I just hope I'm not setting myself up for a big embarrasment with the final outcome.

Later

FyreKnight

Overclocked

OMFG! Dude, you rock! I am absolutely OBSESSED with that movie; I even had an extravagant idea for a V project but I told myself not to get carried away and to stick with one project at a time (which is going slower than I had thought). Anyways, I'll be following this project everyday. Good luck!

Best regards,
    purdy (a.k.a. lone_wulf)

P.S. Who knows, later down the road, I might just start that project!

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Interesting desgin I like it. Good luck turning the design into the real thing.
    Need a sig

Overclocked

nov 31st? sounds to me much like a deadline i might have to step it up a notch and give you some good competition. for the res you could make them rectangular and configure them behind the fingermen badges/ logo.

are you going for clean lines and shiny black paint; or would a few sliced up badges work?

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world"
    -ghandi