Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Featured: Project : V for Vendetta

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

Default Re: Featured: Project : V for Vendetta

hehe i so called the feature coming!

congrats man...love the project....almost reminds me of something i was workin on in my machining class

Noobish, but Trying.

Happy New Year All!!!

I managed to get one last day in at the shop working on "V" before the end of my holidays. Overall I'd say I'm pleased with the results but disappointed that I didn't get more done. It's surprising sometimes how much time ticks away while working on a particular thing, then when you add a few of those things together with a generous helping of design/planning time, and suddenly the day is gone. Of course the two steps forward-one step back aspect of this phase in the project doesn't help much, but I think I've got a handle on the situation now and there shouldn't (hopefully) be too much more of that.

Now ... the progress.

After many layout trials and much frustration I finally got the resevoir and the pump in their final locations. I decided to run a single pump for now as space limitations and visual appeal considerations won't allow for the second one. If there is need for it later when I watercool more than just the CPU and GPU I believe I have thought of a way to add the second pump, but I won't know for sure until the rest of the case is finished.

Once I had finally settled on the single pump and found the permanent homes for it and the resevoir I made a false back plate to raise the resevoir off of the rear of the case. This allows me the space I need to route the case wiring out of sight. Then I made a shield to cover the majority of the cooling lines and the inlets of the resevoir, and a small extension to conceal the wiring as it exits the power supply.

And of course ... some pics

First, the pump and resevoir in their final locations ... the riser plate is already installed underneath the res., you can almost make it out in the pic.

Then, a couple of shots with the shielding in place ... I'm quite pleased with the way this turned out, although there was some serious bits of frustration along the way there.

And finally, one overview shot of the case interior as it stands right now ... it's getting there!

That's it for now .. time for me to head to bed, back to work tomorrow

Thanks once again for the great comments, those and suggestions are always most welcomed.

P.S. Crimson: Although we DO have the capability to weld aluminum in my shop it's not something I've ever tried to do, apparently it takes quite a "knack" to do. What I welded there was stainless steel. (Hey I had to bring out the "special tools" at some point didn't I? Don't make me have to start using the lathe and the milling machine too, people will start to cry "FOUL !!" lol)

Peace all !!

FyreKnight

Another +Rep for keeping this great worklog going.

Yo the man, dude!

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Great work man, Your metal skillz are rediculous. Nice engineering

Strip it, paint it, and love on it... Commando's Avatar

Phenomenal work...

Hey Fyreknight,

It might be kinda cool if you could scribe that rant that V goes on after beating the crap out of the two fingermen,

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
    Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
    Although it's long as hell, it would look sweet as trim around the border somewhere since you have plenty of surface area, maybe as printed decals? Anyway, just a thought albeit a nutty one...
    Jon
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

ATX Mental Case

one hell of a build FyreKnight...

Project :: RONIN
    .:. C2D E8400 3.0 .:. Asus Rampage Formula .:.Sapphire HD 3870 X2 .:. Corsair XMS2 4GB DDR2 800Mhz.:. Thermaltake ToughPower 850 W .:.

Project :: RONIN [Dress Rehearsal]
    .:. P4 3.0 HT .:. Sapphire X800 XL Ultimate .:. 1GB DDR 400Mhz .:. ThermalTake Big Typhoon Cooler .:. ThermalRock Ninja Power 420W .:.
    [Microlab Case with Custom Front Mesh Bezel]

Sponsors :: Koolance

^ Soon to be one. Computer-Geek's Avatar

Wow this is still going ! Nice Man Keep it up.
    - Computer-Geek

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
    Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
    You gotta be good to say that the way he did. He gets some good roles, but he deserves better ones.

-Dave
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Default Re: Project : V for Vendetta

Quote Originally Posted by elbarto241 View Post
    wow...i like the design very much. its extremely unique (did i spell that right)

anyway, keep it coming
    there is no such thing as extremely unique or very unique it can only be unique its either unique or not !!!!!
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v