Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Featured: Project : V for Vendetta

AP BC Calculus = Headaches

Default Re: Project : V for Vendetta

maybe you could try to make the res "blend into the case"....just a thought

Noobish, but Trying.

Thanks for all of the comments again all ... did some more work on the model. Not exactly sure where I'm gonna put the rez(s) now, perhaps I'll cut back to a single rad, and put the rez in the spot the second rad was supposed to go. Of course there really will be LOTS of room inside the case so I'm not sure yet ... needs more thought. The daggers will be made from acrylic, cut and shaped and like the "V" symbol will be illuminated with EL wire. The two side windows will be dremel-etched with "People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Governments..." and " ... Governments Should Be Afraid Of Their People." and will also be lit with either EL wire or LED's depending on which give a better effect.

Maz : Not sure exactly what you mean by " ...sliced up badges", but yes I am going for mostly clean lines, and black paint (shiny or flat depends on what my powder-coater is running when I take it to him, costs a lot less if he can just squeeze it into a current production run )

So far I've bought the Plexy for the windows, daggers, and the "V" and since I was spending money anyhow I bought a new rivet gun with a swivel head (I know I'll be thanking myself later for that), also sourcing the aluminum I need, trying to get it through my company's suppliers as they can get better pricing. Time is my only critical factor, and if I don't get the build completed in time for the contest it's not like the world will come crashing down or anything.

Later all.

FyreKnight

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Seems to be coming along nicely. Rivet gun with a swivel head nice never heard of one with a swivel head.

Hope you can get it together in time for the comp.

Good to see someone finally using EL wire its such a great product I'm just trying to work out where some will fit into my case.
    Need a sig

Now that looks a lot better!

If i was you, i'd throw some more ideas around, and try and mix and merge your ideas together. You're almost there.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Overclocked

i was saying that you can make your res like a badge then take a really thin peice of steel and put it over the top of a form that matches the size of the rad.

paint and everything, then take a utility knife and pliers to it making big long slashes/slash marks.

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world"
    -ghandi

Anodized

you really should incorperate the guy fawkes mask somewhere, maybecoming out of the top with some bondo action to keep your lines smooth

great idea (wish I had it first) good design

for your water cooling youcould make it look like medical gear from st.mary's

DANG-IT
    I wish I had that idea

there's a lot that you can dowith that theme, good luck!

Actually, there's a collecters edition of the DVD you can get with a Guy Fox mask that would be perfect for a mod.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

Noobish, but Trying.

All of your comments and idea's are awesome ... but they've made me rethink my design so much that I just can't keep the model up to date as fast as I think ...so I'm gonna lay off the model for now and just work with pen and paper for now.

But I'd thought I'd spill the beans on what I intend to live inside this case .. which is to me just as exciting as the case will be itself. I just finished ordering the last of it, so now I'm gonna pace around like an expectant father for the next week or so waiting for it all to arrive.

The list is as follows :

Abit:AW9D-MAX , Core2Duo: E6700, 2GB OCZDR2-6400-XTC Rev2, BFG: 7900GTX-OC, Silverstone Strider 750W. Also I will be transfering my existing HD's and Floppy for the time being, though my existing opticals will be left by the wayside in lieu of my new sexy Pioneer DVR K16 Multi DVD burner.

Cooling system will include: A DangerDen TDX (775) waterblock,and a DangerDen Koosah (7900GTX) waterblock, fed by two MCP655 waterpumps and a double 5 1/4 bay Rez, kept cool by a BlackIce Xtreme III radiator and 3x ULTRA 120mm BB fans. Additionally there will be 2 more 120mm fans and a 140mm fan in the case to keep everything that isn't under water nice and cool.

Well that's it so far, with hopefully enough headroom in there to keep me happy for at least a couple of years.

This week I should be getting the materials and beginning the build itself, hopefully with lots of pics for your feasting eyes.

Oh and I've already ruled out entering in the contest, as after extensive searching I've come to the conclusion that Coolermaster just doesn't measure up for this build. Don't get me wrong, if I wasn't doing a scratch built rig I'd most probably be using a CM:Stacker as I think that case is SEXY, but without the case to count as 2 CM items I don't think there are 5 CM things that'd measure up.

Anywho ... later all. 'till the next update (hopefully mid-week)

Noobish, but Trying.

Ok, at last another update. Materials for the case arrived this week, but work has been so hectic lately that I haven't had a whole lot of time to do the building. Managed to squeeze a couple of hours in today, and I'm hoping to get at least 6 hours on it tomorrow. I appologize for not getting more pics of "in-progress" work but it's difficult to stop and take pictures while the creative mind is at work.

Oh and BTW thanks Vertigo for the heads-up, I've purchased the limited edition DVD box-set with the mask . Just waiting for it to arrive this coming week and hoping to try and fit it into the design.

Here's some of the material shots, sorry there isn't one of the 4'x8' sheet of Aluminum I'll try and remeber to take one tomorrow before I start cutting it.

First 3/4" x 3/4"x1/16" angles,

and 1"x1"x1/16" Aluminum square tube.

After much figurin' and measuring and some carefull cutting and sanding.

And the shape of the case begins to form ...

Tomorrow I hope to have alot more to show you, like perhaps a good portion of the frame assembled so you can get a better idea of the shape.

I'll try and get some hardware shots too, but I'm still waiting on a lot of it to arrive .

'Till tomorrow then, cya

FyreKnight

Noobish, but Trying.

Hey all, managed to get some more work done on the case today ...

..and I even managed to take some more pics even though the damned batteries in my camera died and I had to go out to get some more, unfortunately I didn't go out to get them until AFTER I had completed the work for the day so again no "in-progess" pics.

First here's some of the aluminum sheet I've cut...

...and an overview of what's done so far...

... you can almost get an idea of the basic shape of the case from these pics, not too far from my original concept but not the same either...

... and a couple of close-ups on the cornerwork...

... and finally, just for kicks I thought I'd throw in a couple of shots of my workplace where I'm actually putting the case together.

Well .. that's it for now. Parts for the internals should be arriving tomorrow, though I've had word that one of my orders has been delayed by 2-3 weeks due to my motherboard being back-ordered.

Hopefully I'll get more done this week ... I'll post it right away if I do.

'Till then, cya

FyreKnight