Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Featured: Project : V for Vendetta

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Default Re: Project : V for Vendetta

This is one very fast moving mod. I like. Gosh you are a luckly duck AW9D-MAX motherboard, E6700 Core2 processor, 2Gigs Dual-Channel OCZ PC2 6400

What graphics card you gonna get to compliment this nice set of gear.

The can of coke is for scale and refreshment purposes right
    Need a sig

Noobish, but Trying.

Well, another week has passed and as luck would have it I managed to spend some serious time working on the case today. So it's once again ... Update Time !

First I'll answer the questions...

DaveW: Damn, you put that together fast. As was said above...nice shop man.

Watching this
    simon275: This is one very fast moving mod. I like. Gosh you are a luckly duck AW9D-MAX motherboard, E6700 Core2 processor, 2Gigs Dual-Channel OCZ PC2 6400

What graphics card you gonna get to compliment this nice set of gear.

The can of coke is for scale and refreshment purposes right 10-30-2006 02:12 PM
    Well ... you all might think it's a fast moving mod but to me it's taking forever. lol The graphics card is, as I said in a previous post a BFG 7900 GTX O/C, and yes the coke can is there for scale (the refreshment part was long since gone by that point ).

NocturnaL: Love the case youve made out of the sheet metal, one question tho, are you planning on painting it black like your 3D model, or are you keeping it how it is?
    I will be having the case conversion coated and then powder coated black once I'm finished. Following which I intend to paint the interior red as well as add some red highlights/accents to the exterior.

Now on to the pics of todays progress.

I decided not to build my own motherboard tray, so I went out and bought the cheapest case I could find to scavenge.

Here's the victim...

...looks so innocent and virginal sitting there, totally unaware of what I'm about to do to it.

12 screws and 20 or so drilled out rivets later ... I had my tray.
    The scene of the crime...

The aforementioned motherboard tray ...

And some surprise goodies, the victim also contains 4 LED's pre-wired with resistors, and a front panel with USB ports and audio jacks. I know I'm gonna be able to use all of that and maybe even more from this sacrificial lamb of a case.

So several hours, much thinking and planning, and a little elbow grease later we have this...

The hole in the back is only rough cut so far, tomorrow I will clean it up and make it match the box. Maybe even get the holes cut for the fans/rad, and perhaps start on the case door.

Here's a mock up of the door so far, for the mask I intend to make a windowed box approximately where it sits in the pic (I know it's not a very good vantage point/pic), the box will be flat black inside (might line it with the box the mask came in as it has a form for the mask to sit on) and the mask will be illuminated from below with two of the LED's that I scavenge from the donor case. The 140mm Fan will be mounted at the bottom of the door as in the pic, haven't decided whether to put the filter mesh infront of the fan or behind it. The space between the mask and the fan is now reserved for the 7in widescreen LCD screen I just purchased.

Well that's it for now ... it's late and I need to sleep. Hopefully I'll have more to report tomorrow, and more pics to share.

I would like to thanks everyone for the great comments, this is after all my first mod and the encouragement and support from this group is just awesome, I'm glad I joined here. I hope I can be of some small help to someone else at some point to repay in kind.

'Till tomorrow night. Peace all.

FyreKnight

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Oh wow a 7in lcd screen that will look nice. What are you going to use as the video feed for it? The main grapahics card or a second one that runs on PCI. Also is the screen VGA or video.

I agree making a mobo tray is to much trouble better to save the time and effort and get a cheapo case.

Can't wait to see this done.
    Need a sig

ATX Mental Case

I think this will turn out to be a kick ass mod

Nice work man, coming together pretty quickly too.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

Fresh Paint

ooooo!

this is nice, and more

you did a great job, just go on

That's a pretty big computer! Didn't realise it was so large.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Quote Originally Posted by simon275 View Post
    What are you going to use as the video feed for it? The main grapahics card or a second one that runs on PCI. Also is the screen VGA or video?

The best solution would be to run a dedicated PCI card for the monitor. If he chooses a VGA 7" monitor, only an older PCI card would allow for the low screen res that is probably required by the monitor. On a composite signal, desktops look like ass, and you cant use the touchscreen functions, if it happens to be a touch.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Excellent work so far. I love the way you did the back of the case. I can't wait to see the mounted mask on the front.
    keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    The best solution would be to run a dedicated PCI card for the monitor. If he chooses a VGA 7" monitor, only an older PCI card would allow for the low screen res that is probably required by the monitor. On a composite signal, desktops look like ass, and you cant use the touchscreen functions, if it happens to be a touch.
    Indeed, im currently modding one of those portable play station 1 LCD's. The soldering would usually suck, but i rigged it to an IDE cable that plugs into the designated PCI card i found.

The case looks great man, rugged as hell. Will probly look 10x better with a nice black powder coat as you said. And heres an idea for the mask you have. mayb stick some red LED's behind it causing the eyes to glow red?

And may i ask how much that case you bought was? looks like it made a good investment