Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Featured: Project : V for Vendetta

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Project : V for Vendetta

I think it should have a built in speaker that announces "Remember Remember the fifth of November, the gunpowder, treason, and plot. I see no reason why gunpowder treason should ever be forgot" on startup. You'd make everyone around you have to change shorts.

I'm insanely impressed. Ill be following this.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t3hninja View Post
    I think it should have a built in speaker that announces "Remember Remember the fifth of November, the gunpowder, treason, and plot. I see no reason why gunpowder treason should ever be forgot" on startup. You'd make everyone around you have to change shorts.

I'm insanely impressed. Ill be following this.
    lol

That would be kind of cool, have it quote a part of the movie on startup. Good Idea. ^^

This is such a good movie, I am so glad you are doing it justice Fyreknight! Keep up the A+ work!

-SnowFire
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreKnight View Post
    ...And these are a couple of shots of the beginning of the door mechanism, it's basically a modified keyboard drawer slide. The idea is for the door to swing out and up a few inches and then slide up on the drawer slides, and finally tilt back until it rests on top of the case...
    Magnificent! I have always liked the idea of a door mechanism sliding, shifting, or cleverly moving out of the way, and the way I have seen your's done is simple, yet complicated, and completely fantastic.

I also wouldn't put red LED's behind the mask. I would simply illuminate the face of the mask; in the movie his eyes were never red, so why should they be here? And you said you were going to have a window on the right and daggers on the left. Why not have a window on both sides, as in your original design, for symmetry?

-Cool-
    Project Pioneer : AMD AthlonXP 3000+ : 1GB DDR RAM : Windows XP MCE
    ATI Radeon X1650 256MB : 520-Watt Corsair PSU : 20x DVD-RAM DL + LightScribe
    1.0TB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Samsung SATA II
    250GB Seagate SATA I : 80GB Western Digital PATA/IDE

Overclocked

all i can think to do with the quote on startup is to put the mp3 in your startup folder... you could probably do it through the use of a yak back type device with a transistor that initiates the play switch then the computer puts power to the hard drives.

</rant>
    Damn I'm good

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world"
    -ghandi

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    all i can think to do with the quote on startup is to put the mp3 in your startup folder... you could probably do it through the use of a yak back type device with a transistor that initiates the play switch then the computer puts power to the hard drives.

</rant>
    Damn I'm good
    You can easily change the windows logon noise, too.

A friend of mine uses a clip from Rammstien's "Sonne".

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Fresh Paint

wow! this what modding is all about. i love the fabrication of the case so far.
    i can't wait to start mine!

Fresh Paint

For the startup sound you could do something extravagant like Crimson did on the airlock door on the Doom 3. He had a total sound card with a bunch of sound effects that initiated on boot.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Yes the fabrication on this case is top notch. If you were ever going for a job that involved working with metal you could use this in your resume.
    Need a sig

Noobish, but Trying.

Thanks for all of the great comments guys ... it's almost enough to make a simple guy like me blush.

Durrthock: You should put the words he has written on
    the mirror on there.
    Hmmm .. Never even thought of that ... thanks I'll have to try and find a place for it

I will definately have a sound clip from the movie as my windoze start sound, just haven't decided exactly what to put yet.

As before I appologize for the long period between my updates, it seems this time of year is full of other obligations ... but, the week between Christmas and NewYears looks awesome for mod-time availablity

For the time being, here's a small update. Managed to get a few hours in today, reworked the hinge assembly for movement and clearance, and built the HD rack. And of course .... PICS!!

First an Overview ...

The HD Rack assembly...

A closer look ...

I'm pretty sure this is how I'll cut the windows/details on each side, sorry about the lighting in the overview pic ... the aluminum is too reflective, bounces all of the flash AWAY from the camera if it's not facing it directly.

Here's a couple showing each side ...

And that's it for now. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Peace all.

FyreKnight

I retract my previous statement. The knives, window, and fingermen badge look decent the way they are, although I wish there was more window.

-Cool-
    Project Pioneer : AMD AthlonXP 3000+ : 1GB DDR RAM : Windows XP MCE
    ATI Radeon X1650 256MB : 520-Watt Corsair PSU : 20x DVD-RAM DL + LightScribe
    1.0TB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Samsung SATA II
    250GB Seagate SATA I : 80GB Western Digital PATA/IDE