Thread: Ultimate Lego Rubberband Gun

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Ultimate Lego Rubberband Gun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgiUSEpg8Xc

I am at a lost for words with this one, but it has some killer music!

-SF

Life is like an analogy...

Default Re: Ultimate Lego Rubberband Gun

takes me back to my knex days. i used to make all sorts of retarded contraptions like that. my crowning achievement was a design for an offroad suspension with travel equal to the vehicle's entire height. i made elastic guns too. me and my friends would have fights with them. i had a sniper rifle that could shoot about 50 or 60 feet with those big industrial elastics.

its not that easy ill tell you that... the stress everything is put under means reinforcing a lot, which adds weight. not to mention the fact that knex does not make good firing mechanisms. any stress on the pieces will just pull everything apart... so it either has to be really big, or two or three pieces at most. anything else adds too many weak spots.

i also made a bionic arm. with the effort of two fingers, and some nifty lever action, i could punch holes in cardboard, and once accidentally in my arm.

yep... that takes me way back... like 8 years ago now. i dont remember how i did it, and i really cant believe it anymore either. but hey... a 10 year old can do anything with half a day to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

I have a wodden semi automatic rubber band gun. It takes like 8 shots and is easy and fast to load.
    Need a sig

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy View Post
    takes me back to my knex days. i used to make all sorts of retarded contraptions like that. my crowning achievement was a design for an offroad suspension with travel equal to the vehicle's entire height. i made elastic guns too. me and my friends would have fights with them. i had a sniper rifle that could shoot about 50 or 60 feet with those big industrial elastics.

I dont think that it is retarded lol I mean when I was 8 I used to make all these sorts of things and if I didnt I dont think that I would be on this forum now becuase the majority of my creativity comes from these activities when I was younger!

I though it was well cool lol

-gaz

Water Cooled

his trigger mechanism is very cool. It allows him to have multiple bands on each barrel. Very cool design. Now where are my legos?
    *goes rummaging around in the back of a closet*

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Lego good times. I was supper good one year and my parents bought me the lego mindstorms kit which lets you build a robot.

Also my parents took me to legoland at windsor when we went to England when I was young. All the English school's where In so I had the whole park to myself aside from a few japanese toursits.
    Need a sig

Quote Originally Posted by Cevinzol View Post
    his trigger mechanism is very cool. It allows him to have multiple bands on each barrel. Very cool design. Now where are my legos?
    *goes rummaging around in the back of a closet*
    Don't you love it? You can leave LEGOs scattered under your bed for a decade and somehow, those little things just never get stale. What a wonderful toy.

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simon275 View Post
    Also my parents took me to legoland at windsor when we went to England when I was young. All the English school's where In so I had the whole park to myself aside from a few japanese toursits.
    Damn you lol I always (as a kid) wanted to goto legoland but my parents never took me. Plus an even more annoying fact is I live like only 2 hours away from it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

-gaz