Thread: Led's

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Default Led's

Right I need to get the basics of LEDS right lol. If using a 12v resistor on a molex connection how many LEDs could I use on this circuit now (in parallel). I need to know this for my project but I do not know how many LEDs I can use!

Please help

-gaz

Default Re: Led's

Anyone? No? lol

Please help someone

Dude...totally!

you posted at like 2:30am where im at, dont expect oo many responses, a lot of the group the community is prolly out partyin it up. im only home cuz my weeks are the party, lol. anyways...as you were saying...
    not 12v resistor, they measure them in ohms i believe. you need the correct voltage/current/etc. to go across whatever leds your using, so the resistor would basically "slow" the electrical curent and not blow the LED up. you could prolly wire 2 leds and a small 25c resistor to your 5v line on the molex, red wire and black for ground of course. that would be in series, im no expert on this though, what i would do is search the forums, one of these smart guys/gals has posted a FAQ or how-to of some sort specifically about LEDs. If you cant find it, google things like "resistant calculator LED" without quotes. just poke around, see what you find, then see if you can come up witha circuit and post a write up or drawing or something and someone around here will prolly tell you what is good and bad. btw, how much knowledge do you have in the electronics field? not pcs or modding, like diodes, capacitors, transistors, etc.
    Last edited by AKA_RA; 10-14-2006 at 01:12 PM. Reason: bad oops on spelling, sry guys

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_RA View Post
    you posted at like 2:30am where im at, dont expect oo many responses, a lot of the group the community is prolly out partyin it up..
    Geeks.. partying? NEVER! xD! just jokin guys Im in a irritating mood lol

Lol I see what you are saying but I live in the UK so the time for me was 10.24am lol so it was reasonable for me but I forgot most you guys live elsewhere in different countries. Ho-hum

Thanks alot!

-gaz

Super Secret Agent

Just do a search on LED calculator and I'm sure you will find the droid you are looking for...

There is one here I am sure, but I do know Metku have a good one as well. Just used it to do my own calculations for 10 blue (well 9 cause I just fried one) leds for my own project..

The metku one has just been updated after a discussion on this (or bit-tech I cant remember) site that highlighted a weakness on their site. Japala was quick to address the issue.. Respect!
    www.Justblair.co.uk My depository for electronic projects and articles