Thread: CS:S Changes...and some WoW referances too!

Dude...totally!

Default CS:S Changes...and some WoW referances too!

btw, you know thats gonna take me like a week to get bored of the dancing banana now, lol. anyways...this might get longer and more complicated that i inteded origianlly, i apologize. so...just smile and nod, itll be ok.

CS:S changes...good? bad? not ready for public use? or just screw valve and steam all together. i wanna here what the folks round here with the uber gamer rigs think.

Any views or opinions about the recent additions? Specifically the new overhauled radar(its a birds eye map with colored arrows, hehe) and the so-called economy system theyve seem to be beta testing right now? (btw, thats the one where servers report what weapons were bought and in what quanities. they then simulate a world wide firearm economy where prices are determined by who, world-wide, buys what gun. interesting algorithm they have worked out for it, a very interesting concept to kinda connect the servers in a larger than mmorpg sense, cuz this is everyones economy. perhaps they could develope something like this for groups of WoW servers that came out together, or something along those line would be awesome. sounds simple and fair i think. its up on their site, if you play CS:S you must read into this, i wish i could help develop things like this. Grrrr....I have, in my opinion, such interesting ideas that could be done, but they dont do it. Biggest example i can think of off the top of my head without making this rant much much longer. A semi-WoW approach to new game content. Add it but don't make it essential. Like the added end game dungeons. You can play without them i guess, if your not lvl60 you have no choice. If they wanna keep modifying the code, make it optional mods. thats all im really trying to say wit hall this, lol. Make it optional, not a long term replacement for what used to be. some people like old systems of things cuz they got used to it, or dont care about it in the first place. the economy is gonna get screwed if it passes beta, unless they exclude unlimited cash servers and other things like that. lets hope valve doesnt botch this.

Anyone else got 2c to throw in?

Default Re: CS:S Changes...and some WoW referances too!

Unfortunately, i'm not a fan of CS:S. I just have an irrational fear of playing games like that online-i always think i'll just get shot in the head repeatedly and not have any fun at all.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Unfortunately, i'm not a fan of CS:S. I just have an irrational fear of playing games like that online-i always think i'll just get shot in the head repeatedly and not have any fun at all.

-Dave
    Hey, that sounds a lot like me lol! Only thing, I do play the game. The fear is not if I will get shot in the head, but when. Speaking of which, .

And about the new content, I like the map. It makes it easier for me to not die.
    RIP Bucko

ATX Mental Case

I like the new css radar, but i HATE the weapons beta. Its hard to learn it all over again when you have been programmed to press a certain sequence of buttons to buy something

They should have kept the same menus, its not fun when you buy a gun and the ammo is already in it, you should be able to keep decisions like that yourself.

I retired from CS after 1.6. At that point I had been playing for over 4 years and didn't feel much like changing engines.
    I still play HL2 mods.
    I'm an fps fan and my crouch key can attest to that. My c key has a groove in it from my fingernail from hitting and holding it over the years I've had this keyboard.

Personally, keep the buy menus the same. Keyboard configs and muscle memory serve a purpose. The idea of a global price scale sounds neat. The idea of it sounds like more people will use the less carried weapons because they're cheaper. I like that. Not enough people use the mac10, ump, scout, etc etc.

Fighting with the m4 and ak get really old after a while.

If you're truly disillusioned with CS:S give DOD:S a shot. It's rather well made on the source engine. You should also consider a mod that's be remade on the source engine called Battlegrounds. It's revolutionary warfare and it's the first release on the new engine. It's surprisingly fun.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

I can't remember when I first played CS so long ago I think I got it when it came out. I know have 3 copies of the orginal game and I own two licenses of source. I.e. 2 valve logins. Anyway the new radar is fine but I want the buy menus to stay the same. Even last night I played a 2 man aside game of CS 1.5 at a friends house for 3 hours until a bit after midnight. The economy pricing in the game is fine. It's like if it ain't broke then it don't need fixing to bad Valve don't think so. Grumble.

Don't get me started on wow lets just say what blizzard is doing is ok but they could be doing better. 25man max raid instances in outlands where is the fun in that? There should be a like special uber 60 man instance with like a lvl 100 boss and lvl 70 char only now that would be cool. I don't think they will or even can do that though.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Unfortunately, i'm not a fan of CS:S. I just have an irrational fear of playing games like that online-i always think i'll just get shot in the head repeatedly
    By some one like me :p
    Need a sig

Overclocked

im still on 1.6

i do have source, but i find it too easy to poon n00bs in the head. 1.6 is full of hackers, that makes it better for me, they're more my skill level!! (j/k)

i might get into source once my new pc is finished, but until then, im on 1.6