Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project: PacMod

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Project: PacMod

I'm pretty proud of myself now - did all this cutting and only broke one dremel disk!

Cut the hole in the front of the case for the fan, for airflow.

Cut the hole in the front panel for the mesh/fangrill.

And removed the hdd bay for some modifications, and my new rivitter(sp?)

Tomorrow im going to pick up some bondo to fill in some of the damage i did to the sides of the case, sand it down and get it ready to be painted. Anyone know a good place to get mesh, or perforated metal? whatever its called.

And I absolutely hate this camera - my bench is actually alot brighter than it appears in those shots. This thing eats through batteries like mad, and takes crappy photos. I cant wait till I get my camera back.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by tybrenis View Post
    I seem to be the only one that read your past fully. (*Growls at other members*)

Do NOT paint metal with Krylon Fusion! Fusion is meant for plastics only! If it even adheres, it'll be an awful finish, resulting in peeling chipping, cracking, etc. I don't even recomend that stuff for plastic, I have only had problems with it.
    i saw the question, but knowing little-to-nothing about paint, i thought i'd let somebody who knew answer. i knew it'd be only a matter of time before you saw the question.

majorpest, somebody posted some tips somewhere on here about removing rivets with a dremel and flathead screwdriver. basically you make a cut through the center of the rivet head with the dremel, wide enough to fit your screwdriver, then you just twist it with the screwdriver and the thing pops off.
    didn't know if you finished your rivet removal or not, but that might help speed things up a bit if you're still doing those

as for painting metal, you'll want to check this with somebody who's better with the paint scene, but the basic idea is, sand the metal then hit it with a metal primer. you probably need to sand and prime again after that, but i'm just guessing. from there, you can probably paint as normal. i imagine tybrenis will be back in a bit to correct me and tell you how to actually paint metal

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...#PaintingMetal

there's a little how-to from AMD on "painting metal."

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Looks cool, man. I love the idea.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Fresh Paint

Bought a drill! Wewt!

I cut the mesh and sized it up for the front - its not the greatest job, but we'll see what it looks like when everythings painted.

I started to prime everything but the top and the sides, as i still need to cut em up and i just ran out of dremel disks.

Ill post pics soon!

Fresh Paint

Took these pics with my new cellphone, a sony ericsson W810i. So much better than that hp camera I had.

Picked up this paper tray at staples.

The front of the case

Cut the main part of the mesh out using a dremel.

Cut it up and fitted the mesh to the front of the case.

Sized up with fan-grill, started cutting holes

Mounted a fan in

Mock-up of the front so far

Started priming everything (i only had krylon for my primer )

All the paint i bought! Hope its enough!

The fan grill in the pics wont be the final grill - its just for measurement purposes. Comments anyone!?

Razors Edge

Alot of paintcha got there. I have been able to lay atleast 6 layers of paint on a 4 part giant server case with only 1 bottle of Rustoleum Satin Black spray......but hey, always good to be "extra" prepared.

Can't wait to see it after you paint it. Ok maybe I skipped through all of this, but what happen to the pacman grill at front?

Fresh Paint

I havent cut a grill for the front yet - its coming though

Life is like an analogy...

haha, i like those paint cans. the french word for enamel is email. thats awesome. "excuse me, i have to go spray down my computer case with some black email now."

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Fresh Paint

Lol, just noticed that. Waiting for the 2nd coat of primer to dry, then its just about paint time!

Life is like an analogy...

you mean email time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it