Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: need some help

Default Re: need some help

did i fry the mobo? I also dont understand why the mobo powers up when i plug in the cord to the ps if the power switch in the front isnt connected...

ATX Mental Case

I know where the problem is.... Do you have the original Powerswitch from you old case... if so take it out and put it in your new case... try to power it now... Should work... i did the same wit my case.. worked first time(hopefully or im gna look like an idiot)

well this is a whole new mobo and new case. new PC minus the periphials

ATX Mental Case

o...
    Well try using the old mobo... Or try a spare monitor(if u have 1) or run next door and ask to borrow their monitor!

cant use old Mobo wont support my processor. monitor works too checked it against my work PC which is a P4

cant figure out what i did wrong if anything. I hear the HDDs running, cdrw works, mobo powers up but nothing on the screen. just checked the monitor, works fine...im a bit frustrated

checked aganst my LCD monitor. that is not the problem

Razors Edge

remove the video card, Start off from the motherboard video.

If that don't work ur systems dead.

so my system is dead and this is a brand new mobo

I might have figured out the problem but I need some help. The mobo might not support the processor speed. When i did the research i found it did and i couldnt find support info for the universal board for my mobo, but this morning i used the disk that came with my mobo and it doesnt support this processor. i have no way to double check since i dont have another processor to check it against the mobo. My options are downgrade to a 1.0G processor or upgrade again to a mobo that supports this 1.13G processor. What do you guys think is the situation. Is this a probable cause with the mobo/processor speed?