Thread: Presenting The World's First Panzer Mod!!

Lightbulb Presenting The World's First Panzer Mod!!

As you read in my last post I am planning on building an awesome gaming rig that will double as home hifi TV and work space. The spec I listed in that post will cover all of these very well. I didn't want to just build it with a standard case though, cus any fool can do that and it doesnt look original or really pretty.

SOOOOOO I have decided to build my own case as well from the ground up, very ambitious for a first system build I know but I love a challenge. I have selected a WWII theme based on my love of all WWII PC Games. Finally decided to create a case in the guise of one of the legendary Panzer tanks.

I REALLy need everyones help here I have no idea how to finish this mod and won't be able to do it without your kind support.

I'll go through my though process to date.

Firstly my spec list is pretty top end so I have decided to watercool everything I can HDD's Grpahics Cards, Northbridge and CPU. Using a rad than can hold 3x120 mm fans or two or three of swiftechs single 120mm fan rads. Should eliminate most of the heat build up in the case, hopefully I will be able to create a front to back airflow through the case to disperse any heat that does build up. Also SATA optical drives help reduce cable bulk. Don't want the case to be horribly loud though as it will double as a work rig during daytime.

Would like to do green lighting under the base of the tank for an eerie glow, stealthed optical drives. Thinking of setting the tank on some sort of base that it would appear to be rolling on, similar concept to base in DOOM 3 mod. Would like sounds like tank firing and moving etc on power up and drive opening and closing. Servo on turret so it actually moves, whether randomly or on power up I'm not sure yet. Stealthed power buttons as well.

Going to have to be a fiar size so is looking unlikely I will be able to buy a model of the appropriate size, maybe buy a few smaller ones as references to take details from.

Initial idea is to carve up an alu case with a decent drive mounting system take out hdd cage optical drive mounts, mobo tray etc, use rest of case and a jigsaw to come up with a tank shaped frame that will securely hold everything in the right place. Next step is basic covering with something...seems like styrofoam is a good thing to use? to get basic shape then layer on details step at a time and finally paint it. Seems all to easy LOL

Oh and final thing is it all has to be upgradable have to be able to swap out and replace all components to keep it at the top end of things.

Water Cooled

Default Re: Presenting The World's First Panzer Mod!!

everything sounds very good and it would be a kickass pc once done. please don't fall in the trap like many new modders by their first mod being so complicated. ive seen it so many times and i really dont want an other great idea to be vanished. maybe if you posted some visuals and sketches i could get u started with some ideas.

AAAHHHHH TEEEEN HUT!!!

Semper Fi, Carry on!
    "...angel headed hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of the night..." Allen Ginsberg 1926-1997

I dunno, do you really want your computer armed with a cannon if it goes on the fritz? "Error, error, bad command or file name, Destroy user!"

heh, just kidding on that. Sounds like it will be a cool mod when you are done!