Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why?

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Default Re: Why?

I also find avatars to be quite annoying. They really make the forums look kinda clustered and unprofessional. Also, anything animated just screams cheesy and unprofessional... maybe its because I always see those dumb flashing banners etc. However, that sort of stuff ends up just junking up the forums, IMHO.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Life is like an analogy...

the actual making of avatars is damn annoying too. its hard enough to make a good sig... the last thing i would need is the option of another, smaller picture that needs to be added in.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Lmao, I'm sorry but come on. Not trying to point fingers and sound like a turd but tybrenis, your sig picture is 397.65 KB (that's deadly for a dial up user) and not to mention, much more attention grabbing than an avatar. It's huge. And slug toy, yours is a bit softer visually but still a whopping 109.63 KB. Seriously. Okay I'm done.

ATX Mental Case

Ok testing my sig size....

EDIT: Pleh its not too bad ^^

I for one want avatars, they add a bit more individuality and flair to the forum. Maybe we should allow avatars but have the option for other users to disable viewing other peoples avatars in their options?

Razors Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Logic Zero View Post
    Ok testing my sig size....

EDIT: Pleh its not too bad ^^

I for one want avatars, they add a bit more individuality and flair to the forum. Maybe we should allow avatars but have the option for other users to disable viewing other peoples avatars in their options?
    Agreed, Avatars let us understand people better. If someone has a funny avatar, means they enjoy alot of humor, ok nevermind, this is starting to sound gay. Just....add avatars please?

Just....add avatars please?
    This comes up repeatedly, and the general population of the forums will normally say no to avatars.

Avatars let us understand people better.
    The sigs say much more about you than a stupid little picture can. What can you honestly learn from a 32*32 image? It's not worth cluttering the forums with stupid flashy images.

I'm against them, I'm pretty sure Rankenphile's against them, and i guess if Paul wanted them, then they'd have been turned on from the start.

So i'm sorry to say that for now, TBCS is going to stay that little bit different.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Yah!.

Avatars make the sidebars and the interface look nasty as well.
    Need a sig

If someone wants an 32x32 pixel picture than they can add one in their sig... I don't see the whole point of this discussion... Is this only about the location of your personal picture?

Every member here makes his own personal little sig, I don't see how it is much different than an avatar...