Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC in a PS2 case

Overclocked

Default PC in a PS2 case

has anyone done this yet?? i think it's possible. I might get some ps2's from work that dont work and give it a whirl!!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: PC in a PS2 case

You might be able to get some sort of linux pc in the original PS2. But why would you want to? To me its just a waste of money unless you like doing things just to know if you can or not. If thats the case then go for it.

Do you have any reasons for doing this? I can't think of a good ideas as of why to spend money on doing something like this instead of something else other than just to have bragging rights and what not.

I bet an ITX board and Nano ITX boards would fit in a ps2 slim. maybe...

-SF

EDIT:
    Unless you like linux. Then this is a great idea for a person who likes PS and Linux. I personally am a windows only fan. But then again... I dont really know the uses of a linux rig.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    I dont really know the uses of a linux rig.
    web server, steam (valve) server, file server, security and etc...

even microsoft use linux servers for web security, LOL
    modder for life

Well there you have it!

You know, I think I already knew this. Odd.

I wouldnt mind having a web server in a ps case! Now it would be cool if you could have both the ps2 and the linux in there. You would have to mod a bit but who cares?

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

he didn't say it was gonna be a slim ps2, and doesn't windows work on itx boards?

Quote Originally Posted by public_eyesore View Post
    he didn't say it was gonna be a slim ps2, and doesn't windows work on itx boards?
    I know he didnt say slim. I was just suggesting it.

I dont know? Does it? If it does then that would be really cool! People would be like... nice ps2... and then you could be like... oh yeah? watch this!

lol maybe you can even window and light it!

-SF

Dont forget, you can get a PS2 emulator and still play games on it. Hell, you could even play xbox games on it too.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cana-Balsitic View Post
    Dont forget, you can get a PS2 emulator and still play games on it. Hell, you could even play xbox games on it too.
    Wow, That is a great idea! Psh, geeze... how did I not think of that? I was all trying to figure out how to put both setups in there... and you could just do that. *Smacks self*

-SF

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Im pretty sure ive seen this done with a micro itx mother board in the larger style ps2. It was a tight fit if i remember correctly but its possilbe. And yes you can run windows on it. Alot of ppl like to do things like this with the ITX boards to make home theatre pc's complete with windows media center.

You could probably use one of the newer nano itx boards and that would be an easy fit, it just wont be very powerful. I was thinking of doing it myself once i get some spare cash.

Ill try to find a link to it for you.

:edit: Link to ps2 pc - http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/playstation2pc/

If you look around on that site you can find some information on micro itx and nano itx.
    Last edited by luciusad2004; 10-21-2006 at 01:01 PM. Reason: added links

Ha ha, I especially like the "Rundfunker" and "K'nex ITX".

Did they fit the ITX in WITH the ps2 or without it?

-SF