Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making Custom Fan Grills

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Making Custom Fan Grills

Ever wanted a slightly more "custom look" to your fan grills or your pc in general? well Gruntville said it best,

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntville.com
    As you sit back and enjoy the fruits of your hard earned case modding labor, you might be asking yourself, “What next”? You’ve got the lights, the windows and all the bought goodies but as with any good case modder you’re still not satisfied. Well my friends this is a How To for all you adventurous souls who want to take your case to the next level of originality. The process is called “Molding and Casting” and it will allow you to customize your rig in ways that will make other modders drool. The process takes a little effort to fully master, but I assure you that the results will be worth it. In order to introduce you to how molding and casting works, I will take you through the steps and resources that I used to make some cool and highly detailed fan grills.

Tutorial Linkage: *Clicky*

I hope this helps some of you out there looking for that "extra touch" to your comptuer. I know it certainly got my attention!

Have fun!

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Default Re: Making Custom Fan Grills

They also have a waterjet machine, and can sell you your own watercut fan grilles.

Crimson's on friendly terms with them, so they had an add running here a short while back.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Wow! That is cool, I didnt know they had that!

Can you get the same effect with a water cut grill? The casting and molding can give you a more "3D" grill and you can add in as much detail as you want. I've only seen water jets cut flat things so thats why I ask.

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Razors Edge

I read this a while ago. That maurijuana grill is pretty tight.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

I'm actually considering getting some sheetmetal to make me some fan grilles -- i have access to a metalshop, too.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I'm actually considering getting some sheetmetal to make me some fan grilles -- i have access to a metalshop, too.
    Nice

Any designs in mind?

-SF

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    Nice

Any designs in mind?

-SF
    Not currently, but if you wanna design something that might be smooth and fit in with ArgDawn (click my sig to see it) and what i'm trying to achicve, hit me with it =D

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs

These might make interesting fan grills, not real sure if they fit what you building or not.

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Love the first one, Absoloutely love it. If this was a mod themed about WoW's Argent Dawn faction, that would be more than perfect, but it's not.

I might just see about doing something similar, though. I love that design.

Oh I misunderstood, what is the theme? Maybe I can come up with something else.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri