Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An Intresting Idea *Please Look*

Razors Edge

Default An Intresting Idea *Please Look*

Alright, I was looking at progbuddiez cannon speaker idea or whatever. And It gave me an Idea.

Making a nice 5.2 Speaker system..... I heard its possible, But I was just wodnering how.

Basicley, Ill buy 3x 2.1 speaker systems. Now the Subwoofer. I can build a wooden frame to hole 2 subwoofers plus the electric panel. But how would I hook 2 up. Now I took a look at my creative subwoofer panel, and the subwoofer speaker is soldiered to a negative solder point and a positive soldier point. If I was to solder another speaker there, Would the panel provide enoguh power for 2 and would it work?

I can manage the rest.

As for that, If anyone has any information or sites that provide information on speakers, please let me know. Thanks!!

*edit* Sites that offer information on speaker WIRING more specificley.
    Last edited by Razors Edge; 10-28-2006 at 07:50 PM. Reason: *edit* Sites that offer information on speaker WIRING more specificley.

Default Re: An Intresting Idea *Please Look*

Rockford Fosgate has a really nice wiring wizard which will show you lots of different configs based on the ohms, granted it is based on RF subs but it should work for yours too.
    http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Razors Edge

Intresting. But I still have to figure out if 2 woofers will meet the voltage the soilder points put out.

If you wire it in parallel, you'll keep the same ohm's. The distribution of the watts will be spread equally but if the amplifier puts out a half decent amount of watts(more than 100 on the sub channel), it should sound really good. And btw, it would still be 5.1 since your not running a dedicated channel for the second sub. You could do what i did and run the audio through a home thearter reciver, asuming you have one.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Heh, i used to run a "4.2" setup that was really just 2 subs on the same cahnnel like you proposed.

I used a headphone jack splitter to do the job.

It ends up sounding really nice and REAL bass-heavy even with two mediocre subwoofers. It's good if you like bass (which I do, alot).

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Razors Edge

Brings me to my next point. How would I go about wiring 5 speakers to a 2.2 system?

ummm......................... very carefuly???
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Razors Edge-

Cana-B has a good point, you can wire as many subs as you like together and they will still be one channel. The .2 part would have to be accomplished by the recording software as two independent subwoofers which is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if it would sound better as bass might be ruined by destructive interference.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Razors Edge

I don't literley want 2 basses on differnt channels, I just want to hear the MOST BASS POSSIBLE. Somthin about 'woofers that just gets my attension. As soon as my dad hands me the keys to his mustang Im ganna stick in liek a 2000 watt Woofer. Im upsessed.

Anyways, I THINK I know what Im doing. I took apart the 5 speakers I needed. I just got to buy a 2.1 system and wire the **** together. The coolest part about this I think, Would be my enclosures. Im ganna build my custom system a costom enclosure. Out of wood ofcourse, Ganna spray it blakc and add mesh. It'll be neat.

Ah, I see. Well to tell you the truth I am kinda hooked on bass too. I used to have a 15" Velodyne powered sub for the home theater which I tried on the computer, it was good. Even better was my friend Craig who hooked his Klipsch 15" w/ passive radiator to his comp, real wall shaker. But the best I've heard to this day is the use of automotive subs for the computer. You have to be careful because the impedence is usually different but wow, my old neighbor's son took 4 10" subs (Rockford Fosgate's I think) and ran them through a Punch amp wired through an inverter. It was ridiculous, but to my suprise sounded excellent, perfectly clean and sharp bass and sounded better than our expensive home enclosures. You might want to look into this route.