Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I have too much free time

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default I have too much free time

I was thinking about a theoretical question(s) today and I just thought I would share it with you guys and see what you all think.

Is it possible to exist in your mind for days apon days but only exist in the real world for a few seconds? Does that make sense? Could your mind convince you that you have lived numerous life times but in the physical world you have only lived once and only part of that one lifetime at that? What would happen to your body if your mind thought it had already lived and died? Would your body die as well? Like if your brain convinced itself that it just died, would you die? Or maybe it is convinced that you are old when in the physical world you are young. Would you become old at a accelerated rate so your body could catch up to your mind?

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Default Re: I have too much free time

Or to ask a more simple question...

Your mind affects your body and your body affects your mind. But to what degree?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Intresting... Do you remember when they first came out with virtual reality? There was a theroy that if you were in VR and died, you would become brain dead.

The aging process takes place at a pre-determined rate according to environmental conditions and your peticular celular decay rate. No matter what, you cant age any faster or slower.

Time is unrealavent to the brain. To coin a phrase from LLCool J: If you put your hand on a hot burner, a second can seem like an hour. But if you put your hands on a pretty girl, an hour can seem like a second.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

lol good quote.

Obviously if you eat unhealthy or healthy you can affect your mind. But to what degree can the human mind affect the human body? Or other things for that matter. Like in "what the bleep do we know" they had a bunch of people meditate for a 25 percent decrease in crime rate and the following year it was a 25 percent decrease. Also with the water test thing they had, just by how you think of water, can it really change it? ...and we are how much percent water?

-SF

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Here's one for the greatest of philosophers, good ol' D. Adams!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

If you can defeat the presence of "time" in your mind all together, you can live forever and have lived never.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by a.Bird View Post
    If you can defeat the presence of "time" in your mind all together, you can live forever and have lived never.
    yeah. you can live forever until you die at which point your personal perception of "time" (or lack thereof) is rather moot.

Thats a wierd thought... if time didnt exist in your mind but it exists in your body... o.O

-SF

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    Thats a wierd thought... if time didnt exist in your mind but it exists in your body... o.O

-SF
    you would live an infinity in a second

LOUD AND PROUD !

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Here's one for the greatest of philosophers, good ol' D. Adams!
    Hehe one of my favorite authors.

SEP. one of my favorite lines from the HHGTTG series.

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency was one of the best books. (snowfire you would like the philosiphy behind the book.)