Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Workshop

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Default Re: The Workshop

When I get a house (In like 10 years time) I am buyin a shed. Crimson is right sheds are a way of life. I am gonna put a bar fridge in mine when I get one
    Need a sig

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I have three sheds, an empty garage, and soon I will have a multi-level 60' by 60' shop. Maybe my family has a bit o scottish or aussie in them? lol

Actually we have finnish in us... I even know a bit of the language ^^. But I think the finnish are more famous for their sauna's. Which in america we pronounce wrong just like so many other things cuz we are tards. lol

The funny thing is though... with all of that we still stack and store our wood inbetween trees and throw huge blue tarps over them! Argh.... I remember stacking all of that... I swear the guy who cut our wood needs to not ever cut wood again. He did a horrible job! I think I have like 7 different shapes of wood in there!

Looking forward to those progress pics next week dave! Just be careful! Slow and easy wins the race. ^^

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I have a friend who is half Finnish.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    soon I will have a multi-level 60' by 60' shop.
    You gonna run a business of some kind?
    Need a sig

Quote Originally Posted by simon275 View Post
    I have a friend who is half Finnish.
    you mean he's almost done?

hahahah. kill me.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Anodized

ahaha

Lol

Two N's mate two n's
    Need a sig

Well on the topic of sheds. I have 4 sheds in my back yard. One is a small one for the dogs (Beej and Eddie). Holds both of their dogloo's and room for food and a place to lay down. One for my Blue and Gold Macaw (Oscar), he need his space (and we need our space too), built with 2 walls made from .625 stainless steel mesh (more to keep any vermin out). I also have a shed that was on the property when we bought our house. Probably like 50-60 years old (and it shows). This is where I store most of the wood and supplies for various house/yard related chores and where my kegerator lives, keeping that keg of Blackthorne chilled. I also built another shed to store my motorcycle and car related tools and supplies. It also stores most of my computer parts and tools. This last shed was built entirely out of redwood from trees that were felled on my property and milled and planed on site. It is a beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    The funny thing is though... with all of that we still stack and store our wood inbetween trees and throw huge blue tarps over them! Argh.... I remember stacking all of that... I swear the guy who cut our wood needs to not ever cut wood again. He did a horrible job! I think I have like 7 different shapes of wood in there!
    In the US people stack wood outside of buildings because of brown recluse infestation. Brown recluses LOVE wood piles and most people don't want to give them a nesting ground in their buildings.

As for the person that split the wood he probably did it with a hydraulic wood splitter and not by hand. I don't know many people who use a maul these days besides me.

I love splitting firewood. I've done it every winter for 8 years now for 2 families with wood furnaces. About an hour a day starting next week until early spring.

I have a shed in my backyard. It is small and holds my lawn maintence equipment. The compost heap is near it.

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

I love splitting firewood.
    nile8, your a manly man ,

i also do it, in winter, thats how we heat our ass's, using wood furnaces

it feels awesome when you just went trough 4 tons of wood in a day

LOUD AND PROUD !

I use mainly a pellet stove for heating. No splitting and very LITTLE pollution. The only visible pollution/smoke that is emmitted is when it first starts up. Once it is running you never see smoke coming out of the stack. Clean (reletively) and functional.

The info about the spiders is true, although in my area we get so much rain that you need to keep it in a shed or something. The blue tarp barely keeps it dry enough.

Little sideline: Where I live we have a different name for those blue tarps. We call them "Boulder Creek roofs". Yes I live in a mountain town that gets more rain on average than seattle. Second year I lived here we got something like 130" of rain from october to may. Hell that year i think the wettest storm we got dumped ~30" of rain in 3 days. at one point it was coming down at a rate of an inch an hour. I have only seen that much rain in Scotland.