Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: The Interocitor - My First Mod

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: The Interocitor - My First Mod

The LAN at Newbury (i30) is nearly upon us again (Easter Weekend).
    I have made a couple of modifications to the Interocitor.

It now has 2Gb of memory, to help with Battlefield 2 gaming!

It also now has a Radeon X1950Pro 256Mb Graphics card!

Woo-Hoo!

Gotta Love BF2!

p.s. Hope the SAT gives you a one-up!
    Im Back Baby!
    Yeah, I just quoted Bender Bending Rodriguez, got a problem?

ATX Mental Case

Well, just to let you know that the Interocitor performed really well at i30 and the cooling issues did not come back....I suspect it was down to a dodgy cooler on my graphics card which was sourced second hand from ebay.

You really never know what you're gonna get on ebay but that's the gamble you take.

The new Sapphire X1950pro was a a real bargain and performed well!
    The lan did feature a few modded machines but again I was a bit disappointed as there were only a few.

I am still planning an Interocitor Mk15. But I have to wait till the summer and my unheated garage/workshop warms up enough to start work!

So if anyone wants to make an offer for Interocitor Mk14. Let me know, I need funds for my next project.

Cheers

Ouch!

Fresh Paint

You poor, poor oscilloscope.

If only I could have saved you.

I remember when I first saw this in search results for interocitor, oh 2 years ago, and just today I happened to google the same term.

Registered just so I can go on record and speak for the other members of tech culture who do not identify primarily as "Gamers": looks like crap and a waste of beautiful electronics.

Even purely from a case-modding standpoint there's so much wasted potential (and potentiometers to boot).

/Necro

I'm glad you took time out of your busy antiques restoration schedule to join and berate a 4+ year old project. I am not sure if the oscilloscope even worked when he bought it. Most of the time people planning to build a project don't spend the extra on a working unit but rather find a non functioning one they can buy on the cheap. I would also imagine there are plenty left in the world so they haven't gone extinct quite yet. You seem to be the self proclaimed voice of the "Tech culture that aren't Gamers", but several of your constituents (actual Electrical Engineers that are of an age to have used similar equipment in field) have made quite favorable comments towards it. Either way I would have to say your opinion of the project seems to be in the minority since this has been featured on several websites, and at least 1 magazine.

So thanks for stopping by.. feel free to stick around if you decide to be constructive, otherwise it might be time for you to just move along.

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    I'm glad you took time out of your busy antiques restoration schedule to join and berate a 4+ year old project. I am not sure if the oscilloscope even worked when he bought it. Most of the time people planning to build a project don't spend the extra on a working unit but rather find a non functioning one they can buy on the cheap. I would also imagine there are plenty left in the world so they haven't gone extinct quite yet. You seem to be the self proclaimed voice of the "Tech culture that aren't Gamers", but several of your constituents (actual Electrical Engineers that are of an age to have used similar equipment in field) have made quite favorable comments towards it. Either way I would have to say your opinion of the project seems to be in the minority since this has been featured on several websites, and at least 1 magazine.

So thanks for stopping by.. feel free to stick around if you decide to be constructive, otherwise it might be time for you to just move along.
    It was on a whim more than a crusade. That was the trolling part. Registering and necro-ing. But everything else is sincere.

I probably wouldn't have acted on it if it wasn't something that had bugged me for a while, after all.

I mean, I see this crap all the time and it's annoying because the only reason people adulate stuff like this is because they don't know any better. The people who do projects like this, while tenacious, industrious and meticulous (admirable qualities to be sure!), are also utterly myopic. How special is a collection of cheap, ubiquitous x86 parts next to a piece of technology that represents a bygone era and what was special about it?

Can anyone even explain why they think it looks cool? I can thoroughly explain why it doesn't. But beauty's just in the eye of the beholder, right?

Regardless, I was just sniping, being an internet meanie, etc. So I might go into more detail about the rest at a more appropriate place/time.

Ha ha haaaaaaa.

You're more than welcome to have a go at mine as well then ya dafty.

"I spent a lot of money on booze, women and fast cars, the rest I just squandered." George Best

PROJECT: DIRTY BOMB

ATX Mental Case

Very Nice!