Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electronic Grab Bags

Default Re: Electronic Grab Bags

I cant say about anywhere else in the world but here (BC, Canada) all radio shacks have been renamed to "The Source by Circuit City". They dont sell anything thats "build your self" anymore. Its a real draw back when your trying to find that stuff.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Overclocked

they still say radio shack around here, but it should say "Verizon store" or something :p
    it's a shame 'cuz i don't know of any other stores of the sort in the states that carry homebuild components. there's something fun about going in and just poking around a large shelf full of resistors and transistors and breadboards and such. sometimes i even know what the component is used for

having gone slightly offtopic

drac's question still stands, in part :p anybody know of a store in the states that has a nice selection of components? i'd prefer some place i could actually walk into.

ATX Mental Case

EPYK that site you linked is great, gonna order some gear from there. But this site that I found https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...atalogId=10001 has the items I'm in need of right now.

Overclocked

yeah i found that site a while back never ordered ne thing, the site is hard to navigate
    EPYK : very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary

lots of mod tutorials

Anodized

Ok here is the deal about Radio Shack and The Source by Circuit City... All canadian Radio Shack locations were bought by some other american company called Circuit City some time ago. However, about a year ago (as far as I know... mabe it was earlier), Radio Shack started opening new locations in Canada but they keep this amount to very few compared to what it was before. I live in the province's capital and as far as I know there is only one Radio Shack in the whole city. It isn't even in the mall for which we are known worldwide (the West Edmonton Mall is one of the biggest malls in the world, once was the biggest, and still holds many world records... But it has no radio shack as I have mentionned above...)