Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grim Reaper Engraving Idea(s)

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Grim Reaper Engraving Idea(s)

Are You Next?

How about that? Simple, easy, and it kind of reminds me of Goosebumps! (Book Series) Or something like that... maybe it was a different book series... like... GAH! I can't remember what it was called.. something like "blah blah in the dark". Bah, who knows. I'm going to bed. lol

-SF

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

The scythe curve is fine. That's about how they look, except yours is all fancy.
    The drawing looks fine, but it doesn't look like death is a skeleton inside. Looks more like a man with the muscles you portray. Nothing wrong with that, just the classic grim reaper is a skeleton.

As for symbols of death, there are thousands. Look outside of christian influence for some really strange/amazing designs. I would suggest starting with buddhism. This would add more depth to your case than skulls.

Overclocked

personally, i'd rip off somebody else's engraving and use the diablo-style font for "are you next" - and i might even drop the grim reaper and show the scythe. your scythe drawing looks pretty badass imo.

maybe make the focus of the engraving the blade of the scythe and engrave the text along the blade.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...5&postcount=13
    check that out for the text style i'm talking about
    Last edited by ajmilton; 11-09-2006 at 12:57 PM. Reason: i lurv links.

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Man you really did let R.I.P. with that picture!!

Sorry couldent help it - I only just thought of that!

-gaz

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

hhhhhmm

snow, did you comsider not writing anything on it, i'm looking at it right now and i just covered the text, try it

tell me what it looks to you

LOUD AND PROUD !

Had some name ideas to through out there:
    "Undertaking Hades" (get it, undertaker?)
    "Last Call"
    "Muertecom" (just kinda made this one up, using the spanish muerte
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Here's a couple of fonts you might like to try, if you need anymore let me know.

Angry Bitch

Base 02

Besign
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

That first one looks pretty cool.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by nil8 View Post
    The scythe curve is fine. That's about how they look, except yours is all fancy.
    The drawing looks fine, but it doesn't look like death is a skeleton inside. Looks more like a man with the muscles you portray. Nothing wrong with that, just the classic grim reaper is a skeleton.

As for symbols of death, there are thousands. Look outside of Christian influence for some really strange/amazing designs. I would suggest starting with Buddhism. This would add more depth to your case than skulls.
    Yeah I am meaning to fix that. Thats the one thing that was really getting on my nerves. But I was going to see if anyone noticed it or if it was just me. I might leave it I might not. I will probably change it around some more when I redraw it. lol I still have to draw that hand. I keep forgetting about that!

Thanks for the tips! I looked up things like death on wikipedia... I found alot of pretty great stuff. lol but nothing from the Christians... weird.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmilton View Post
    personally, I'd rip off somebody else's engraving and use the diablo-style font for "are you next" - and i might even drop the grim reaper and show the scythe. your scythe drawing looks pretty bad ass imo.

maybe make the focus of the engraving the blade of the scythe and engrave the text along the blade.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...5&postcount=13
    check that out for the text style I'm talking about
    That diablo style is pretty cool looking I gotta admit! I'll take a better look at it a bit later. Maybe even look at some other games, since they seem to have the coolest font around!

Quote Originally Posted by gaz_the_chav View Post
    Man you really did let R.I.P. with that picture!!

Sorry couldn't help it - I only just thought of that!

-gaz
    lol

Is that a compliment? I'm not sure...

Well if it is, thank you!

If it's not... Thats okay, I like it pretty good. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by GT40_GearHead View Post
    hhhhhmmmm

snow, did you consider not writing anything on it, I'm looking at it right now and i just covered the text, try it

tell me what it looks to you
    You know? I kind of like that....

I'll think about it a bit more and make a decision later on. lol It definitely would make things easier! :p

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Had some name ideas to throw out there:
    "Undertaking Hades" (get it, undertaker?)
    "Last Call"
    "Muertecom" (just kinda made this one up, using the Spanish muerte)
    Hmmm, I don't know just yet. I still really haven't found what I am going for... but not bad, not bad at all. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Here's a couple of fonts you might like to try, if you need anymore let me know.

Angry Bitch

Base 02

Besign
    Those are pretty cool! ^^

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Okay, I've decided that I am just going to leave the words out of it. It really does look better imo! Thanks GT40! I would of never noticed if you didn't make that suggestion. ^^

-SF