Thread: I guess I have to post here: Safety Gear.

Fresh Paint

Default I guess I have to post here: Safety Gear.

I've been looking for help on safety gear for quite a bit now and I was barely getting any responses on the rookie board. So I figured that I post here instead.

Previous post:

Hi all,

I finally decided to learn how to mod, by first learning how to spray paint cases. I found a computer case that was waiting to be picked up by the garbage man. I even found an old 4 gig Western Digital in it. So it's safe to say that the case was probably made 1998 or older.

I went looking for safety equipment at Home Depot earlier last night. I'm a little unsure about the respirator and safety goggles that I bought. Every single person I spoke to in the store, basically shrugged me off.

The respirator that I bought was a MSA respirator for paints and pesticides. The model number is 00817662. I was wondering if I should have gotten the multi-purpose respirator instead (model number 00817663). I'm looking to sand metal and paint. Are paints on pre-year 2000 cases dangerous as oppose to todays cases?

Another concern of mine is about the goggles that I bought. I'm wondering if it is alright to use during sanding and spray painting (Model 10031205).

The direct links to the products don't always seem to be working properly so here's the main website: www.msasafetyworks.com

I bought the paint and pesticide respirator. It's under the twin cartridge respirators. I was wondering if I should spend the extra 9 dollars instead and get the multi-purpose respirator (also in the same category).

The goggles are listed as chemical splash goggles.

Thanks in advance all.

Default Re: I guess I have to post here: Safety Gear.

I know this sounds bad, but, I personally dont use any type of safety wear for spraying. As long as your in a very well ventilated area (outside, if possible) you should be ok.

So i suppose wearing atleast some type of protection is better than none! Maybe you'll live longer!

Water Cooled

Default Re: I guess I have to post here: Safety Gear.

I posted on your original thread
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown