Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Multi-panel displays

Default Multi-panel displays

Not sure if any of you have seen this product:

http://9xmedia.com/

Some of the smaller panels look nice for gaming. I want to contact them to see if certain games only will use all 3 screens or if it can be seen as _1_ display...

Hell I just sent them my resume to see if they need anyone to build these systems for them.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Multi-panel displays

LOL

My exact words when I opened that link were... oh wait... here I'll PM you it. lol We have youngsters amongst us!

But still, that is mighty impressive!

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

They are nice!

I want either one of the 3 screen ones or a 30 screen one!

I would also like to know whether only certain games works on there so if you would airbozo please post what they say to you about the whole game thing!

Cheers

-gaz

Quote Originally Posted by gaz_the_chav View Post
    They are nice!

I want either one of the 3 screen ones or a 30 screen one!

I would also like to know whether only certain games works on there so if you would airbozo please post what they say to you about the whole game thing!

Cheers

-gaz
    Will do. Supposedly they have several setup in their warehouse/lab. I am trying right now to approach this visit from a review / article standpoint, so they might be willing to give me the full tour of their products. I am bringing a couple of my game dvd's to see if I can "test" a few titles for compatability. Don't have a firm date for a visit to their facility yet so I will post when I have more info.

BTW gaz, I finished NFS Carbon last night. Took me almost 2 dozen tries to finish the last canyon run. I finished using the subaru. Fun game, now I need to play against some human competition online!

Anodized

YES LET US KNOW!!!!

Once in a while, in a good movie, you see someone either gaming or hacking or something on a computer which uses 3+ screens and I have always wondered about those systems.

If these can do what you are thinking, bring back a souvenir from that place while you think of me... and well keep it since I will be nowhere near being able to affoard it.

This reminds me of the NICEST setup I have ever seen... A rented movie theatre room, computer connected to the projector (I thought they used those film reels but apparantly they got this working somehow so I don't really know...) A joystick brought to a good chair (I doubt wireless since this was a LONG time ago but mabe an extra long wire with many extentions?). And someone playing a top of the line game at the time. Rebel Assault. Ok yeah it was a long time ago, but it was so SA-WEET! especially since the audio was connected too the room's speakers too so you had full theatre vusuals and sound! I just didnt want to leave that place! Anyways enough side tracking...

Cheers Airbozo!

I really want one of these:

So if you could rob one for me! It would be greatly appciated. Only joking but that is the one that I would like or be able to afford!

Cheers

-gaz

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Idk... It seems like anything above one row starts to bother me. I think the furthest i would go would probably be three of them. It seems like as soon as they add that second row the bezels start to bother me.

Its definetly cool though
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Lol yeh but don't tell me that you would not accept one of these like free or even half price!:

30 screens of pure power...

-gaz

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

gaz - your right... i would take one if it was given to me ... The bezels may aggravate me but im sure id get over it pretty fast lol.

What would you do with it though other than games and movies? As cool as it would be to browse the forums from my couch spanned out over 30 screens it probably wouldn't be to practical lol

I wonder how the price compares to a nice high definition projector.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Quote Originally Posted by luciusad2004 View Post
    Idk... It seems like anything above one row starts to bother me. I think the furthest i would go would probably be three of them. It seems like as soon as they add that second row the bezels start to bother me.

Its definetly cool though
    I agree. At home 3 is the most I would want to use. Even then the bezels would kind of mess with you. I am spoiled though since I used to play some games on the system in my old lab (those were the days);
    http://www.sgi.com/products/visualiz...nter_index.jpg
    Notice the screen they are standing in front of. 10' high, 27' wide, 160 degree FOV with 3 projectors running at 1280x1024 with a seperate system controlling the edge blending (so you don't see any lines or overlap). Now imagine COD or BF2 on that screen. Racing games were great on it also, although if you were not sitting in the sweet spot, you would get motion sickness.