Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low noise/high CFM Case Fans

That's classified.

Default Re: Low noise/high CFM Case Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Silenced_Coyote View Post
    Depending on what you are cooling, any of the 3 fans from Scythe will be a great choice. For 80mm fans, I would TRY the Arctic Cooling Arctic Fan 8. I always like the thicker fans. But if it doesn't fit, go with the other Arctic Cooling Fan.
    It can't be very thick because its in front of the hard drive cage...

How about cut a hole so that the 80 mm fan hole can accomodate a 120mm fan? Well, if do make the front bigger, there is nothing stopping you (except for the width of the case) to go bigger than 120!
    It also can't be bigger because the HDD cage extends to the front of the case...

140mm in the front and 250mm on the side panel!
    I don't want a fan on the side panel, I would like to put a window there instead. I know I can put a fan in the window but I think it would ruin the look of it.

Case Wizard

What are you cooling anyways? By the way, what case do you have? Can you post some pictures maybe?

That's classified.

-The case is a Centurion 5 black/silver without the window
    -It's currently empty but I plan on putting a Core 2 Duo e6600 and eVGA 7900GTO when I get them (hopefully for Christmas)

Edit: I probably will start a thread on picking parts for the computer over Thanksgiving break.

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    That SPCR article was very helpful in giving me insight to choosing fans. I'd like someone's opinion on the special bearing types of fans mentioned in it (ie: the "Fluid Dynamic Bearings"). Is it worth getting those types of fans over sleeve or bearing types?
    I've found that Sleeve bearing type fans produce some signifigant noise over lubricated ridge bearings or Fluid dynamic bearings... but they have a small advantage in that the lubricated style bearings produce friction which means the coils have a load put on them (rambling again):p ... this is a personal prefrence question... it all depends on what fits you best... low noise or more air movement? you have to find a balance between the two.
    Good Luck With Your fanventure
    One day my friend called me up and told me there was something wrong with his computer. "It wont turn on!",he said. I decided to come over and check it out. when i got there i pluged it in and pushed the power button. it hummed to life. behold the power of the power outlet.

Fresh Paint

I forgot to add also that good fan placment is key in cooling a case like yours. try placing a couple high CFM fans on the front of the case, usually there is a place for this below the hdd rack, and (if you have room for it) inside the drive bays. This will require you to have at the most two open drive bays and a grill along with some sort of plastic to fit around the fan to stop recirculating fan syndrome(because the fans are not directional as far as after air leaves the fan). then to equalize air flow through the case, make sure you point the air flow into the case from the front and also make sure that there is an equal amount of air flow going out the back.
    Again
    Good Luck
    One day my friend called me up and told me there was something wrong with his computer. "It wont turn on!",he said. I decided to come over and check it out. when i got there i pluged it in and pushed the power button. it hummed to life. behold the power of the power outlet.