Thread: Asus Deluxe VS. Premium

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Asus Deluxe VS. Premium

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131071

Both seem to be pretty good boards, But which one is better do you think? The first one has serial and Audio Ports, Where the second one does not, but it does have a few nice features that the first one doesn't (Full Dual PCI-E x16, 2 External SATA, ?Better Raid?). I don't know my chipsets so I can't even comment there. To me, it looks like it would be a tough choice. What do you think?

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Asus Deluxe VS. Premium

I think the extra features warrant the extra 2 bucks. You wouldn't be saving anything be going for the deluxe model.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

I agree pay the extra $2 and get a board that supports SLI with two PCI-E ports both running at 16x. Plus a spiffy micro sound card.
    Need a sig

So you guys are saying the second one is better? What if I said... SLI isn't really all that important to me. What about then?

Does anyone know anything about the chipsets? Which are better?

Also, why does it say DDR2 800 (OC) ?

-SF

**I just looked at the EXTRA'S for both boards... The Deluxe has some pretty sweet Extras! Like a remote control! WOOT! The Premium... um... It has an array mic... whatever that is??
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Overclocked

i've got a remote control that'll work with any computer with a ps/2 connector.

it's called "wireless keyboard"

uh usually, "(OC)" means that it ships from the factory overclocked. not sure why it'd be on a motherboard talking about ram...
    edit: went and looked at asus' webpage. kinda useless info, just marketing crap, but i think it means the board supports oc'ing ram? i dunno.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP
    http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l...25&modelmenu=1

It uses the NVIDIA nForce® 590 chipset which is top chipset around at the moment.

The DDR2 800mhz OC is not really clear what the OC means. BUt i presume the mobo's bios allows you to OC your memory.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUS
    Array Mic
    * Eliminate interferences in the reception cone
    * Enhance speech-centric applications
    The bundled Superbeam Array Microphone receives only the sound coming from the reception cone and ignores the sound coming from other directions. This mechanism eliminates a large number of interferences including neighboring speakers and reverberations. It also uses advanced de-reverberation techniques to reduce echo and minimize its effect on the speech engine. This feature can enhance speech-centric application like Skype, online game, video conference and recording.

Noise Filter
    * Eliminate background noise while recording
    This feature detects repetitive and stationary noises like computer fans, air conditioners, and other background noises then eliminates it in the incoming audio stream while recording
    So it has noise cancelling which is very nice to have.

This mobo has more options and will be a better for overclocking.

Supports Core 2 duo

P5W DH Deluxe
    http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l...98&modelmenu=1

Uses the intel chipset Intel 975X which is the top intel chipset.

The remote is just really a frivolous extra.

Supports Core 2 duo and quad core

So unless you want quad core support I would spend my money on the P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP.
    Need a sig

Case Wizard

The nvidia nForce 590 isn't the top chipset. They came out with the 680i. Think of it as a better 590 for Intel. One of the biggest improvements is in overclocking.

Asus Striker Extreme

EVGA nForce 680i
    The EVGA motherboard is already out (since last week) and the Asus one is coming out very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenced_Coyote View Post
    That thing is fudging insane! My first reaction... are you kidding me? Then I looked at the price tag. Yep, only in my dreams. lol

-SF