Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How?

ATX Mental Case NamesAreUseless's Avatar

Default How?

So how did you guys (and girls) get into modding?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaJe View Post
    I came in here expecting furries, I leave disappointed..

Dude...totally!

Default Re: How?

I sold my sold to Satan. Then i had to buy it back, cuz it was used and scratched. anyways, as for case modding, i saw a case a long time ago with a side fan, and thought my case needed one for my voodoo3, so i mounted a 60mm fan on the side. later i went onto enlarge that hole to a window.

ATX Mental Case NamesAreUseless's Avatar

For me, I just saw some modding supplies at Fry's electronics and I happened to Have recently bought a PC so I could play lots of games, and I thought how much nicer it could look if it was modded.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaJe View Post
    I came in here expecting furries, I leave disappointed..

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I started looking at new chassis for my computer one day and then stumbled across this website by accident with some of defyants work. The best I can describe how I felt is "totally blown away". Although I haven't done much "modding" as of yet, I have done a few things that you could consider as a very low level type of modding. Such as my hidden cd-rom drive piggy bank, poor mans cable sleevings/round cable, and of course buying upgrade hardware. I have also come together with a few of TBCS forum members and designed some pretty cool things. The most notable, Audeamus. Slug Toy helped me alot on the designs for that one, I think its incredible. Hopefully some day I will be able to do it (saved to a floppy). But till then I just can't afford it. I need more experience as well before attempting a project that big. But anyways! Thats how my existence came to be in this underground world and I love it. Even if I am just a spectator for the time being.

-SF
    Last edited by Zephik; 11-19-2006 at 01:07 PM. Reason: lol, shut up! I was talking to my ex. ouch :P
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I got into modding seeing the Doom3 mod on Google when I was looking at computer stuff. Then I found this and Defyant's work and I decided I wanted to start modding.
    RIP Bucko

I came the tech route. I hadn't really looked at cases much before I was planning on getting my (then) new computer. I ened up with an X-Blade Premod. But I joined a few forums to discuss new tech trends and they also had modding sections. Plus alot of the gaming components I was looking to upgrade my PC with were sold through companioes like Xoxide or frozencpu.com. So I just kinda got interested in modding, saw a few mods and said "Hey I like building stuff". So I started saving money and just kinda fell into it .

A long long time ago I had an HP box(k6-2 400 mhz). I bought a voodoo3. It was overheating. I got a long dead video card, ripped the fan off of it and attached it.

I really got into it when I started tearing apart old server equipment for fun and found mass cooling. I wanted to use it in my PC's. I've found that it doesn't help having massive fans if they don't disperse air to the proper places.

I first got into electronics and engineering in 5th grade. The class was giving two C batteries, a single bulb and an infinite amount of wire and masking tape. Let's just say that my life was forever changed from then on.

Ever since I've been modding RC cars, video game consoles, action figures, pc cases, cars... anything that can be personalized and stood out from the rest.

I believe that everyone here who loves to mod has been a modder since birth... getting into it just involved that single spark. Mine was a flashlight shop in 5th grade.

Sorry too much Molsen XXX tonight.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    Slut Toy helped me alot on the designs for that one, I think its incredible.
    Who helped you?! :p

I got into it when i saw some nice pc's on the net, then glanced at my HP.....lol.....dremel time!

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a.Bird View Post

Ever since I've been modding RC cars, video game consoles, action figures, pc cases, cars... anything that can be personalized and stood out from the rest.
    true that....ive been modding things since i was way little....with legos...heh...that was the main thing i was given for christmas, etc so whenever i got a new set...id build it and play with it a while....then take some stuff off add some stuff and make it how i liked

ive modded practically everything i could get my hands on