Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Other forms of art?

Default Re: Other forms of art?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Airbozo,
    What year cruiser do you drive? I used to have a 78' and loved that tank!
    '75 1/2 FJ40, '77 engine (run in with a drug dealer), '78 top (for the side wing windows), '78 front and rear axle's (for the disc brakes). Working on a frame off partial restoration. Nothing really wrong, just wanted to paint it since it is 5 different colors because of all the mismatching. I figured it was time to replace all the bushings and then it was just one step to a frame off. We are planning on cleaning and painting everything visible with original colors. I am amazed at how easy it is to take this thing apart. They must have designed it to be torn down in the field... I just hope things go back together so easy. I am hoping to afford a new 350 for it when I am ready to reassemble. I can get a complete crate engine direct from the factory for less than $4k, then $3k for paint and rhino lining the tub.

Speaking of art, this is art;

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1926_66802566

Puts a tear in my eye!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by simon275 View Post
    I did some work on the Pelican but it was a bitch to work with. Also I messed with the weapons so in Lan games the assult rifle instead of shooting assult rifle bullets shot tank shells. As there was simple value in a dll file that could be changed using a hex editor to choose what guns shot what bullets. I dont have any of the files though as this was quite a while ago and I got out of it. I might be able to find a few of them online if they still exist.

Good to see there were some other people who where into it. This game was one of those where more people were modding it rather then playing it and trying out mods.

Did you ever try uploading modifications of the xbox version of halo on the xbox? It could be done but I never did it myself.
    No I never messed with my Xbox version, I wanted to sometime, but I felt it was best to leave it unmodded (good thing, it ended up break ing and my warrenty got me a new one ). But yeah, that game was over looked by alot of people. It was a blast to mess around with, my favortie mods were the simple hex ones like you said, I think the was a way to make the shotgun shoot plasma granades, that was my favorite, get all those on a warthog and watch it go.

But your right talk about a modding community. I was disappointed when H:CE died, so much potential. But it was kinda funny when the modders out number the hardcore players, I think I was both :p. It just got hard to find other clans to play with after awhile, kinda funny really. Actually, I think my friend was the one who killed it for alot of leagues, he released the AIMbot that worked around all the "cheat detection" programs (he never used it, but laughed when others got caught with it). And we almost killed him for it too.

Lol, yeah SnowFire, my bad, smashing pumpkins can be an art form right? What about lighting them on fire with gasoli..I mean I never did that.
    Last edited by Aero; 12-05-2006 at 12:02 AM.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Smack your friend around the back of the head for me the next time you see him Aero.

I guess that would work changing the value from shotgun pellet to plasma grenade. Pretty cool. Good times then.

I also did some work on the orignal Starseige Tribes which I still play since it release 8 years ago. It is now freeware and I payed full retial price at the time. I also just dabled a tiny bit with Jedi Knight II Jedi Oucast. My last modding was with Halo.
    Need a sig

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quite the catchy tune...

250ml Rhythm

-SnowFire
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by simon275 View Post
    Smack your friend around the back of the head for me the next time you see him Aero.
    Gladly

Anodized

I'm an Architect. Went to university for it, and I also minored in Fine Art. I draw, paint sculpt, photograph, computer art (Still have my Photoshop Version 2 on floppy). I write occassionally when I'm in the mood.

I play the piano, and the guitar.