Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Windows Version Is better then yours

Default Re: My Windows Version Is better then yours

Quote Originally Posted by AJ@PR View Post
    I see where you're going...

We end up with another Linux distro?

Er, not really
    You end up with something like this: h**p://www.warezdownloads.info/ddlout.php?i=118725 (notice the ** :p )

Or even with something like this: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=55003
    Announcing: Project ******* (Soon)
    EXAC Will cease to exist due to me finally getting a new rig! BUT I will mod the new case ;P

Overclocked

Im dual booting Vista Ultimate Retail, and Xp Pro Sp2.

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way...but this isn't really a software forum. Half our visitors don't know what you're talking about, and the other half don't really care.

Please don't take this as some sort of personal attack, i'm only pointing this out in case you think people are poking fun at you with their replies.

I'm running 2 main systems here, both XP SP2, one dual booting with Scientific Linux. (a somewhat unknown distro unless you've heard of CERN)

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    What is "Microsoft Windows Tiny XP Beast Edition"? I've never even heard of it. I don't really pay much attention to OS's,. Mine runs, I'm happy, end of story.

-SnowFire
    I under stand that this is not a software forum but it is infact a forum intitled operating systems and has everything to do with OSs... with all do respect to everyone and no offense to anyone... If you dont know anything about operating systems but are somewhat computer literate you can use this thread to learn a few things... and if you dont care then dont read. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, i dont mean to.

and to answer the question, XP tiny is just a version developed by a third party... it is basically xp pro but downsized with the bare minumum needed for it to run. "beast" edition was just a patch for it that added drivers for some supported hardware. If you really dont care then you dont have to come back to this forum but i hope that many may soon find this thread helpful in selecting a version to use on their modified pc.

Thanks for the feedback... and poking.
    One day my friend called me up and told me there was something wrong with his computer. "It wont turn on!",he said. I decided to come over and check it out. when i got there i pluged it in and pushed the power button. it hummed to life. behold the power of the power outlet.

PC => WINXP SP2/ fedora core 5 (dual boot) (mainly for playing games, burning disks, cad work)
    O2 => IRIX 6.5.25 (used mainly for web browsing/online purchasing/email)
    Other PC => gentoo/ fedora core 4/ WINXP SP2 (Triple boot test system to play with while studying for my LPI exams...)

Fresh Paint

i think for proof everyone should post a pic of their OS disk or some other proof plus their name in the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by cbelmo159 View Post
    i think for proof everyone should post a pic of their OS disk or some other proof plus their name in the pic.
    Why would you need a proof of someones OS?
    EXAC Will cease to exist due to me finally getting a new rig! BUT I will mod the new case ;P

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by ESX View Post
    Why would you need a proof of someones OS?
    I dont have a problem with it... i still need to find a way to upload images without using a service like photobucket. (I hate firewalls)
    One day my friend called me up and told me there was something wrong with his computer. "It wont turn on!",he said. I decided to come over and check it out. when i got there i pluged it in and pushed the power button. it hummed to life. behold the power of the power outlet.

i still need to find a way to upload images without using a service like photobucket. (I hate firewalls)
    What exactly do you mean? FTP transfer or what?

Fresh Paint

i can only use the computers at school and they block all keywords in the source code that are supposed to be "inapropriate" so i cant use photobucket or any other photo hosting service. but i could use an upload service like that of myspace were it uploads to the website. Maybe if the forums had a flash or java applet image uploader. or if anyone can find me an image hosting service that wont be blocked by the school. i can finnaly get my pictures up for everything.

Dude...totally!

Service Pack 2 is what i run on this machine, but i have 4 Celerons and only one extra copy of XP Home, and that one doesn't want to activate.

Looks like I'm in the market for a Linux ISO. All 4 of them will likely end up running Folding@home, so I think it'll work out for the best.