Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: uv paint?

ATX Mental Case

Default uv paint?

hi, i was thinking of spraying the entire inside of my case with blue uv paint. i mean boards, ram, case, drives, everything. i would use the aerosol spray paint kinda stuff...could this damage anything? what should i avoid?

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: uv paint?

Quote Originally Posted by Arden View Post
    hi, i was thinking of spraying the entire inside of my case with blue uv paint. i mean boards, ram, case, drives, everything. i would use the aerosol spray paint kinda stuff...could this damage anything? what should i avoid?
    Mask off any connectors and do not spray places between heatsinks and do not use metallic paint.

Other than that, have fun.

DISCLAIMER: If anything is messed up, It's not my fault. Why? Because I wasn't doing the spraying. Always know every factor before modding.

-Omega

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

ATX Mental Case

so cover everything but heatsinks in tape? (obviously not the aluminum case.) how bout the mother board?

No. Mask off all connectors (RAM/PCI/PCIe/IDE/SATA/CPU slots) And try not to get the stuff between the CPU and heatsink.

If you want I can tape up an old mobo I have, take a picture, and show you what it should look like. Hell, I could even paint it if you want me to.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs

Dude...totally!

why are you painting the motherboard? that just doesnt sound like a good idea. i honestly dont even think it would look that great. throw a uv light in your case and wow, you have a nice blue box that lights up with no detail on the inside
    -_-

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_RA View Post
    why are you painting the motherboard? that just doesnt sound like a good idea. i honestly dont even think it would look that great. throw a uv light in your case and wow, you have a nice blue box that lights up with no detail on the inside
    -_-

Well UV cathodes are quite mediocre, as is the effect of UV Paint. Perhaps he's going for a very dull but ominous glow.

If that was my objective, this is how I would go about it, too.

ATX Mental Case

No, actually i'm just a noob modder who wants to impress his friends with flashy colors. How should I do that???

^lol^ honesty...its the best.

actually i'm just a noob modder who wants to impress his friends with flashy colors.
    Thats just wrong IMO. If youre modding, do it for yourself and not for someone (unless its a gift or sth).
    Announcing: Project ******* (Soon)
    EXAC Will cease to exist due to me finally getting a new rig! BUT I will mod the new case ;P

Dude...totally!

you gotta appreciate his honesty though. how many new people on here would say something like that, eh?

and dont pretend like you dont enjoy impressing people, lol

honestly, if you make a case for show, do it well. otherwise theres no point. be unique. your friend might try to copy the light idea, and all that requires is a credit card and a trip to xoxide.com

i find that subtlety works well to impress. even a simple drive stealth mod makes them think, "psh, you don't even have a cd-rom, what a piece of crap pc." then you press the hidden button on the side of the front panel and tell them to shut their yap. lol

^_^

Lol yeah, "Don't mod if you are only trying to impress people."

If you want to impress someone, do it; you will learn as you go. Modding for me is something that I really like, so I'm reading up about it like crazy before I make my first attempt. I don't want to do something wrong, or end up with a POS.

Quick question though... wouldn't spraying your mobo kill it?

If not... I will need visual proof.

Good luck with your first mod, and big ups.