Thread: XBOX 360 Wireless Internet

Greco101

Default XBOX 360 Wireless Internet

I was kinda disappointed when I found out the 360's didn't have WIFI built in and the ps3 and the Wii do... Anyway, I checked the pricing and holy hell! 100 bucks for a network adapter!? These things are like 10 bucks for laptops and such... so just because it's for the 360 they inflate the price? damn M$... so typical though.

Is there any way (besides that whole buying another router deal..) to make your own? Maybe with a normal usb wireless adapter? It just really sucks that I either have to fork out cash for 50' of ethernet... or 90 for a 360 wireless adapter.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: XBOX 360 Wireless Internet

I got like four 50' ethernet cables off Newegg for less than $10 each a while back. Just look into it and see what else you may need so you don't pay $5 shipping on a cable that's probably only $5. That's a hell of a lot better than a $100 wireless card... especially since you'll have a more stable connection too.

Greco101

I rearranged my room so I no longer need the wireless. The TV I'm using at first didn't have a place in my room so it was in the living room... fits nicely now and only about 15' from my router :o)

NOTE:: I am a moron for not even LOOKING at neweggs prices but I think I found a decent deal on ebay

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Heh. Glad it's resolved, lol. But yeah, Newegg is the one and only solution, hahaha... well, in most cases anyways.

That stinks, I was really wanting to see if you managed this!! (Even though I am a Sony fan!) Oh well, congrats on fixing your problem...

this is the whole reason for my mod, iwill be attempting, since the router is upstairs and xbox is downstairs ive tired several normal usb adaptors with no luck, dunno why the microsoft one is so special, any idea's? ive also had a look on hack a day and theres not even anything on there!

my friend just used an old logitech wireless adaptor and it worked. dunno... i think it had 360 compatibility though... weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER