Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Case

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Default Porsche Case

The title speaks for itself. This is a very old plan that I am actually getting to this summer. Comments/ideas/criticisms welcome. I have a whole bunch of questions I need to get started, and any answers you can give me are greatly appreciated! (Major +rep bonuses...)

-Plans-

Motherboard Cover (Similar to Defyant's)
    Porsche-shaped curves and lines
    Stealthed Drives with rewired buttons and LEDs
    Glass touch-panel eject buttons
    White lighting
    Tinted window
    Porsche Charcoal-grey paint job
    Speaker grill for front and top fans
    LED-Plexi Slats on Porsche grill
    Porsche Symbol backlight white acts as HDD Light
    Similar Interior Layout to Antec P180B
    Rear 5.25" drive bay for 5.25" PSUs
    More to come...

-Sketch-
    I have modified this heavily since that picture, I get a picture of the newest plans soon.

I've been getting this sketch exactly the way I wanted since I made this original post. I've modified it so my friends don't say: "How is that like a Porsche?". If you're Porsche-knowledgeable then you'll definitely see the similarities. Please give me some comments/criticisms of these plans.

Thanx,
    Indybird

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Porsche Case

I'd get the paint from a car store, should be easy to find something similar. As for carbon fibre you can get sheets of it like wrapping paper with an adhesive back e.g.: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Avery...56242853QQrdZ1
    m4gnum.com/tardis/ - Doctor Who inspired case

Quote Originally Posted by m4gnum View Post
    I'd get the paint from a car store, should be easy to find something similar. As for carbon fibre you can get sheets of it like wrapping paper with an adhesive back e.g.: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Avery...56242853QQrdZ1
    Ooh, thanks I might put that on my current computer too!

Fresh Paint

if you are going to do a porsche case, plz dont put "carbon look" crap on it. its fake and looks terrible. you can get real carbon cloth on ebay cheap, then use epoxy to make it work for you. or get the really thin carbon panels and cut to specification. and to be honest with you, as a porsche owner, you never see porsches with alot of cf. only accents. good luck on the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by b4ds33d View Post
    if you are going to do a porsche case, plz dont put "carbon look" crap on it. its fake and looks terrible. you can get real carbon cloth on ebay cheap, then use epoxy to make it work for you. or get the really thin carbon panels and cut to specification. and to be honest with you, as a porsche owner, you never see porsches with alot of cf. only accents. good luck on the mod.
    Oh nonono, I am putting NO carbon on the outside. Only n00bs put carbon fiber on a porsche. Im using it for parts like the inside of the engine and such...

But where would you get some real carbon panels?

Fresh Paint

you can find them on ebay. ive bought 12x24 carbon panels in mm thicknesses from various sellers. just do a search on ebay. you can buy the cloth and make molds and make your own custom parts.

Wow, I had to really dig this thread up.

I will start the case this summer. Theres been a couple updates in the plan since december, so check those out at the top. The main difference is that this isn't a mod anymore, I'm building it from scratch.

I have a lot of big/advanced plans for this case and am going to need a lot of help with the details. Thanks in advance.

I my friend would let me borrow his friggin scanner, then I'd show you my plans. I'll get those on here sometime during the week.

-Indybird

^ Soon to be one. Computer-Geek's Avatar

this sounds good i'm thinking of something similar btw get a printer some come with a scanner.
    - Computer-Geek

I finally got a picture of it on here! I just broke down and took a picture of it with my camera. Comments on the plans, please.

Also, I've seen a couple tutorials on the internet that interested me. The trouble is I can't find them. I have the tutorials listed that I need. Anyone here wouldn't happen to know where any of these tutorials are?

I'm definitely going to need a lot of help on this project, since much of the details require major skills. Thanks for the help in advance...

-Indybird

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

if ya ever need someone to toss ideas around with this case...hit me up on aim