Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Community PC

Default Re: Community PC

Quote Originally Posted by chedabob View Post

Just my $0.02
    I hope you're saving those pennies for the hardware we desperately need.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    And "who" is this "who" that did something on thewir own? Me? Yes I took the ball and ran with it, coming up with an idea that people seem to like, and that best directs our efforts to help someone in the very near future, not by handing cash to an organization and patting ourselves on the back.
    Nobody actually agreed with it though. I went back through the first page of posts, and nobody said "yes". You decided to call them and speak to them before a decision was made. Thats what im so knarked about. Im glad that you took the initiative, but like I said before, im sure there are other charities that people would like the project to be focused on.

Ok great, Chedabob... Take the reigns and lead the charge. I'm all for handing it over to you. Set an example for the rest of us and we'll all pitch in as we've been doing.
    Last edited by Crimson Sky; 12-20-2006 at 12:23 PM.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Make-a-wish gets my vote since they are a _great_ organization and truly help people in need/want of a better life, even if it is temporary.

Plus, it does give a direction for this project as we "learn" how to make this happen. Think of it as a test run where someone comes away happy! Next project we can come to a consensus as to the recipient before anything else happens. There are so many charities that are deserving (and some that are not) of our time and effort, we could spend weeks just agreeing on one. Crimson took the lead to contact Make-A-Wish and since he has volunteered his time to build the thing, that seems only appropriate.

And that my friends is my $1.35 worth...(I'm consulting today so my prices went up)
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Chedabob,
    According to the master parts list, there are 4 contributors of hardware to this project. Myself, Paul, Mitt.., and SGTM. You have not even contributed any parts yet, and your persistant objections are dangerously close to killing this project altogether if it's not already too late. If this first build doesn't happen, there won't be more to give elsewhere. I have never in my life heard anyone argue against giving to the Make-A-Wish foundation in favor of mailing a check to an organization. So since Crimson no longer seems to want to build it, will you be handling that? And one more thing, this really bothers me too, if we do make it for a kid at MAWF and that kid decides to check out our website to see what we are all about he/she will read this thread and see things like...
    I know this sounds really nasty and all, but wouldn't it be better to sell the pc? Because then, we don't have to build a case around the child, so we could get some better ideas going.
    IMHO money might be more use to the charity.
    Then get it done in <1 month. Hell the kid might not live longer than that.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

ATX Mental Case

Chedabob, do you mod for money or for the fact that it can be done, cause all i am seeing is you being in it for the cash and not product. The product is what we are working on to give to a kid, something that he can have that no one else can give. Anyone can give money but only a modder can give a mod.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by DRece View Post
    Chedabob, do you mod for money or for the fact that it can be done, cause all i am seeing is you being in it for the cash and not product. The product is what we are working on to give to a kid, something that he can have that no one else can give. Anyone can give money but only a modder can give a mod.
    Im not in it for the money for me.

Minty: You make me sound like im a glory-seeker. Im not, but I just want a bit more input into this, and a bit more input from the rest of the people involed. So far, Crimson has taken the lead, which is good, but he seems to be making all the decisions. If the general consensus was that Make-A-Wish was a good idea, id go forward with that. But very few people have openly said "yeah, its a good idea". People have been vague, just saying its a worthy cause.

Im not asking much, Im just trying to guide this project in the way that I envisioned it, where everybody is involved, and their opinion is valued, and in the end, the outcome will be the result of joint decisions within the group.

Worklogs? I don't have any. I never said I was going to be involved in the building of it.

Offering hardware? In the first page, I did offer a few things, and I did also say that the parts didn't have to be new. But ive been overshadowed by people with newer stuff. THe original idea was that it was to be made up by the best things that we already had, not that we would have to buy. Any money donated was going to go towards buying things such as metal/plastic for the case, or for repaying the modders for the hard work. My original idea was that more than one person worked on the case. Im not talking say one person do one half of the case, then ship it to somebody else to paint it. I was thinking that maybe one person could mod some fans or something, then ship it over to the main constructor, so everybody had their part.

You may have thought of it first, but I swear I had never read that thread before. I posted my post, and that was the last time I read that thread. If anything, the main idea came from another post about designing a case between the community.

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

very few people have openly said "yeah, its a good idea". P
    Yeah, it's a good idea.

I've just been sitting back watching the forums and now I can't sit back anymore...

<rant>

What the hell is wrong with you people? A member comes up with a great idea and we all run with it, hoping to make a little kid happy before he dies. I don't think you understand that. This all started as a happy project that would make a child's day, brighten their gloomy lives up a bit. This was a great project with an even better incentive and here we are now, 11 pages or whatever later, arguing and bitching like bunch of spoiled little kids.

Everyone: Shut up. Stop arguing. Look at you all fighting like this, like a bunch of juveniles. This isn't about TBCS. This isn't about you. This isn't about modding, even. It's about making a little kid's gloomy life a little bit brighter before they have to die an early death. Now please, shut the **** up.

</rant>

EDIT: Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded. Give up Cheda. I respect your opinion, it's just that majority rules and clearly in this case you are the minority.
    Last edited by tybrenis; 12-20-2006 at 05:03 PM.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by tybrenis View Post

EDIT: Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded. Give up Cheda. I respect your opinion, it's just that majority rules and clearly in this case you are the minority.
    Read the first 47 posts. The auction was mentioned quite a few times (once by DaveW). At that point, it was 50/50 what was happening.

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

Read the first 47 posts. The auction was mentioned quite a few times (once by DaveW). At that point, it was 50/50 what was happening.
    Well I, sure as hell, am against it. It's for Make-A-Wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.