Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Soon I shall have my 8800GTX, hopefully

Default Re: Soon I shall have my 8800GTX, hopefully

Im still running a 6800 the regular one lol
    Im so low tech

i'm running on 16mb integrated video card on my laptop.... now that's low tech

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

6800gt agp all the way.
    Need a sig

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

see.. the whole point of me sayin it would be waste was because i thought he was just gonna go out and buy the 8800gtx when he already has a 7950gx2. that wouldn't have been the wisest financial decision. but.. i found out thats not the case, and like i said, all the power to daje now. i think its sweet he can upgrade it for next to nothing.

sorry i was a little misunderstood.

im still with my 6800 ultra, and im gettin great framerates. at least good enough not to warrant spending another few hundred bucks again. but.. i think thats just cause my fiance wont let me anymore. im sure if i was single i would

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Do you guys reckon they will make cheaper cut down 8800 DX10 series cards.

Like maybe a 8800gt or something or maybe like a 8600gt or something like that. One that sits around the same price point as the 7900gt's.
    Need a sig

Case Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bartvandenberg View Post
    see.. the whole point of me sayin it would be waste was because i thought he was just gonna go out and buy the 8800gtx when he already has a 7950gx2. that wouldn't have been the wisest financial decision. but.. i found out thats not the case, and like i said, all the power to daje now. i think its sweet he can upgrade it for next to nothing.

sorry i was a little misunderstood.

im still with my 6800 ultra, and im gettin great framerates. at least good enough not to warrant spending another few hundred bucks again. but.. i think thats just cause my fiance wont let me anymore. im sure if i was single i would
    That is so awesome that you are still running a 6800 Ultra and getting great framerates! Does anyone notice something? bartvandenberg skipped the 7 series and is still happy with his video card! So, buying a 8800GTX wouldn't be such a bad thing right? Sure, new cards will come out; nVidia may shrink the die; etc. Just because it will be "old stuff" when DX10 is more utilized doesn't mean it is obsolete.

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silenced_Coyote View Post
    That is so awesome that you are still running a 6800 Ultra and getting great framerates! Does anyone notice something? bartvandenberg skipped the 7 series and is still happy with his video card! So, buying a 8800GTX wouldn't be such a bad thing right? Sure, new cards will come out; nVidia may shrink the die; etc. Just because it will be "old stuff" when DX10 is more utilized doesn't mean it is obsolete.
    it might jsut be cause its so early in the morning, but.. im not sure if you are making fun of me or not?

edit: nvm.. i figured it out. im an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by simon275 View Post
    Do you guys reckon they will make cheaper cut down 8800 DX10 series cards.

Like maybe a 8800gt or something or maybe like a 8600gt or something like that. One that sits around the same price point as the 7900gt's.
    in my opinion they will, but later on. much later on. By later i mean when series 9 are around and the 8 series are mainstream and affordable for all then they will make less beefy versions of them. But for now it's no point making them less beefy because for those who do go for an 8800GTX want performance and have the money to back it up. For the mainstream, the 7 series is the way to go now.

they have made the 8800GTS as a small compromise but that is because they want to double their sales by telling people that they can get the "cheaper" version of the GTX.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

First, I think its a great decision:
    -DirectX 10 Compatibility for vista and new games. The top-of-the line DX9 cards are fast enough for the next-gen games but because of the way DX9 works there is a bottleneck between the CPU and GPU.
    -Along with DX10 it is just way more powerful for you HD gamers out there
    I'm planning on buying a 8800GTS if I can find a place to sell my X1900XTX.

Second, please post pictures or maybe even a review if you get one!

-Indybird

if you can wait until the 12th of January (which is when those dam striker extreme mobo's come out) then i will definatley have more pics then you can handle =]

and a 3D mark score =P

P.S. It might not be as high as your one because i won't be OCing my CPU for a while yet. Maybe in a month or two i will but not just yet =]