Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Design Ideas Thread

Overclocked

Default Design Ideas Thread

Well, my main idea so far is that we should have a small bit of the case, with either our names (all the people that participated) etched into it, or a sentence or two from each person (makes it a bit more personal).

What does everybody else think?

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

Default Re: Design Ideas Thread

A tribute section? That sounds good. Now is this gonna be a normal ATX case or should it be one of those small cube cases?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Overclocked

Im guessing ATX, because I don't reckon you would be able to fit very much in the smaller ones, and there isn't that much room for the names bit.

Actually I just got off the phone with the "Make-a-Wish" Foundation of New York and expecting a call back--this seems like a very good organization for our goal.

Make a wish grants wishes to children (from 2 years old to 17) with life threatening conditions--it could be a wish for travel, vacations. games or as they said, computer systems. The children are interviewed carefully to make sure that the wish is exactly what the child wants, not a parent or guardian.

The woman also said that computers are always on their wish list--so..what we build might have to be very specific to the childs wishes..which I think is great..whether its a favorite color theme, sports figure theme or just the games they want on the system.

Lets see what the director has to say, and see if they can match up a child to our efforts
    Last edited by Crimson Sky; 12-13-2006 at 04:28 PM.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

There'd be enough room, as long as its built right. Maybe on the top, we can have the tribute panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    Actually I just got off the phone with the "Make-a-Wish" Foundation of New York and expecting a call back--this seems like a very good organization for our goal.

Make a wish grants wishes to children with life threatening conditions--it could be a wish for travel, vacations. games or as they said, computer systems. The children are interviewed carefully to make sure that the wish is exactly what the child wants, not a parent or guardian.

The woman also said that computers are always on their wish list--so..what we build might have to be very specific to the childs wishes..which I think is great..whether its a favorite color theme, sports figure theme or just the games they want on the system.

Lets see what the director has to say, and see if they can match up a child to our efforts
    Ah man, that idea owns. Much better than auctioning it off. Good thinking, might as well go to someone that is in need.
    EDIT: sorry about the double-post
    Last edited by Mitternacht; 12-13-2006 at 04:26 PM. Reason: dbl-post

Overclocked

I think having a sentence from each person would be pretty cool. Something like "Chedabob wuz 'ere "

EDIT: Crimson, if they give the go ahead, we have a bit of a smaller scope for the design, because it would have to be child friendly, and probably "fun"

Well, if tis gonna be a sentence, it's gotta have some meaning and purpose to it, and not just a shout-out.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Well, if tis gonna be a sentence, it's gotta have some meaning and purpose to it, and not just a shout-out.
    It would be up to the person who took part. It could be anything they want, after all, they did put towards this case.

It would have to be something that isn't rude or offensive

We'll have to see how the organization can match us up with a child--they might not have anything in mind other than a computer system--which is fine, as this would come from our hearts and not the workshop--but put a few lights inside a killer stock case and the kid would love it most likely.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.