Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HP Resurrection II Evolution.

Default Re: HP Resurrection II Evolution.

First off - Wow man..... wow.
    Secondly - ..I am not to sure how I am going to phrase this but here it goes. How do you do the power set up.. I will use this mod for instance, but I have looked at a few others and this applies to them aswell. In your HP mod it looked like you used audio auxillary cables, and im just wondering how that works. I saw your photohost and i understand that you solder the red and black cable to the head, and then you plug it into your computer externally. I dont know where it goes from there... lol. Do you have like a junction box that you connect everything to? Maybe it is alot simpler than I am making it out to be. If you could, could you kind of give me a run down on how that works, or if there is a tutorial regarding this could i be redirected? Thanks a bunch man. Happy Modding.

May I ask what the price of this new computer was and what the specs on it are?

Again thanx guys

Deviantgodd ;
    the rear Audio power jacks on the back are just spliced into the 12v+(yellow) and a Negative - (black) on the main loom. in the case of HPR2 where all the power cables are hidden behime the motherboard, iv'e simply cut the male molex off and soldered these wire togther. then then feed out around the PSU to the back of the case where they are again soldered to the back of the female RCA plugs, then heatshrink is used to tidy eerything up

If you still feel stuck mate, i'll be happy to do a qick photo "howto"shoot to help out

NavySealLTBlue
    It's hard to put a price on a mod like this, a lot of parts are brought but never used, paint is from my bulk supply as is the bondo. In aussie dollars , theres no way it cost more than 2.5k all up inc hardware, even with the LCD wich was brought SH for a meger 120au.

Hardware was middle end @ NF2 mothetboard with a XP3200 and a 9800pro being the bulk of the parts, a 200gig HDD and DVDcombo drive and 1 gig of ddr 400 ram was used. I suppose this older tech could be classed as lower end now.

The watercooling is pumped thru a full set of Silver Prop's latest series CPU,GPU and chipset blocks by Swiftech mpc600 pump. Twin 120mm Pabst fans cool a BIX rad and a custom made dual 380mm x 50mm set of tanks supply the life fluid.

The case has since gone on a tour of the citys bigger Computer Hardware stores for the next few months (missis baby) so i downgraded the VGA to a 9550 and lowered the ram to a single stick of 512.

Fresh Paint

Simply amazing, a real inspiration to us all, and the fact that it's retro....wow
    no real questions yet...just wow
    Anythings possible it just takes longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Defyant
    Again thanx guys

Deviantgodd ;
    the rear Audio power jacks on the back are just spliced into the 12v+(yellow) and a Negative - (black) on the main loom. in the case of HPR2 where all the power cables are hidden behime the motherboard, iv'e simply cut the male molex off and soldered these wire togther. then then feed out around the PSU to the back of the case where they are again soldered to the back of the female RCA plugs, then heatshrink is used to tidy eerything up

If you still feel stuck mate, i'll be happy to do a qick photo "howto"shoot to help out
    I am a visual learner (Lol). If you could so that How-To it would be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

Anodized

F***ING NICE!!!

-Grendel
    Laziness leads to innovation.

thanx guys

Will do Deviantgodd just gimee some time and i'll get someting posted asap

that is sweet! great cable management.
    "Hey look, the topic!! It's getting away! Quick catch it! *running* Must *running more* get on *panting* TOP...IC!!!! *collapses* "-Temmink
    Intel Q9450 @ 3.2GHz
    Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi
    OCZ Platinum PC3-12800 1600Mhz XTC 4Gb 7-7-7-24
    2 x Powercolor HD4870 512Mb in Crossfire
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme with Noctua 120mm 1300RPM Pressure Optimised Fan
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit w/ SP1

Fresh Paint

sweettt jobbb <33

i was wondering what kind of paste that is that u made to reform the case

Hey defyant, GREAT JOB! Awesome paint job and case all together. Check your PM's...