Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poster Software??

Default Re: Poster Software??

It's the state of sexual harrassment cases in America. If I so much as say penis or masturbate at work to the wrong person I can be terminated that day without recieving any of my long term benefits. It's bull**** and causes people to step on eggshells.

If I can help it when I'm at work I try not to deal with females for that reason. It sucks, but it's the the modern politically correct way to do things.

Some places are better than others, some people are better than others. It sucks that I can't talk to the opposite sex for fear of having a word or sentence taken out of place and human resources 'informed of my intentions'.
    I agree with all that is said above. Unfortunately, like i said above, if someone was to try something like that with me, they'd find me very difficult to deal with. I won't work with or for someone who thinks like that.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

It wasn't a guy, fyi, which is one reason I didn't push it.

People are too easily offended and legislate away opinion or taste. It's bull****.

tinfoil-underwear

I consider, as of right now, that we men are fighting for *our* rights.

We are not permitted, by these laws, and by society's view, to Be Men.
    Man. A Man. A real man. Not a pussy.

I mentioned it at work once and got chewed out because a passing employee thought I was talking about a physical act with a similar name.
    This pisses me off.
    That would have been a good time to say:
    We're not talking about M A S T U R B A T I O N, we're talking about other stuff. So, do not worry, we'll let you know when we talk about M A S T U R B A T I O N.

But then again, I think I'm a 'dificult' person to deal with... like Dave.
    If we want to be.
    I'm sure Dave can also be a very easy-going person if he wants.
    But it's life! Living life!
    Why go through life "just-passing-by"?

Yeah! Piss off some people.
    Offend some more.
    Get on their 'bad side'.
    Tell them to **** off.

Lord... we should start a thread about this....

Yeah! Piss off some people.
    Offend some more.
    Get on their 'bad side'.
    Tell them to **** off.

Lord... we should start a thread about this....

lol...i think someone's rebelling. You go man, fight the power!

I'm an easy going guy if you're a reasonable person. If you're going to overhear something and take it out of context, then try and cause trouble about it, you're going to make an enemy of me. I'm very easy going really. But i'm not afraid to tell you what i think, or to whack you back if you cross the lines. (At least, where i perceive the lines to be.)

-Dave

There was a case recently in the Silicon Valley that was similar to what nil8 experienced. Same situation where the _offended_ employee (female), heard a part of a conversation concerning masturbation. The offended employee made this HUGE deal out of how she was being harassed at work and the boss refused to do anything about it, so she sued the company, the employee and the boss for sexual harassment and demanded TONS of money for pain and suffering and incidentals. The case went to court and during the course of the trial one of the witnesses took the stand to testify what she heard. This witness was the other person in the cubicle during the offending conversation and testified that yes the word masturbation did in fact get mentioned. During cross examination the witness, who was an HR director testified that the conversation was indeed about masturbation, BUT, it was concerning the other employees child who was 3 or 4! The employee was asking the HR person if it was normal for a 4yo to "masturbate"! HAHAhhehhehahahehaha...

Case was thrown out and the woman was ordered to pay ALL court costs because it was determined that she was informed by HR and the BOSS what the conversation was about and refused to believe it. This information was given to her lawyer during pre-trial discovery and her lawyer ignored it too. Last I heard (6 months ago) she was being sued by her lawyer for non-payment of his costs.

One for the normal people!
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

^^ Nice. That's Justice.

-Dave

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

lol

Deserves her right. People jump to conclusions much to easily! The "sexual harassment" towards her that she mentioned was probably just all in her head. She was "fueling her own fire" as I say sometimes. My mom worked with a lady that was so paranoid about people talking about her behind her back that she would complain just about every time someone was talking to another person and just happen to glance at her. I glance at people all the time when I talk! It doesn't mean I am talking about the person who I glanced at though.

Have any more stories Airbozo? I love story time!

-SnowFire
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    lol

Deserves her right. People jump to conclusions much to easily! The "sexual harassment" towards her that she mentioned was probably just all in her head. She was "fueling her own fire" as I say sometimes. My mom worked with a lady that was so paranoid about people talking about her behind her back that she would complain just about every time someone was talking to another person and just happen to glance at her. I glance at people all the time when I talk! It doesn't mean I am talking about the person who I glanced at though.

Have any more stories Airbozo? I love story time!

-SnowFire
    I have a ton of em. That's my reward for reading through the rags while waiting on hold...

Oh in the Navy we called 'em "No ****ters" as in; "this is a no ****ter..."

My Father in law is retired FBI and HE has some good stories! Like the picture he has of himself filling out the deposit form at the bank and in the back ground (the real reason for the pic), is a guy with a gun holding up, get this; the bank two floors below the FBI regional headquarters, where _all_ the agents go to bank. My F-I-L busted the guy post haste. Digit! who robs a bank next to the fbi office...

OK, sorry for the derailment, since I did not even have anything constructive to post on the topic, BAD REP ME!

Oh and I am looking for the link to the lawsuit story. The reporter did a great job of telling it...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

^^ This thread is all over the place, but it's too good to stop. I want to hear more of these 'no ****ters'.

Go on, make a thread for em...and i'm +repping you the above post, good use of the rep system, pointing out the derailing of the thread, and throwing in a good story to boot.

-Dave

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

After reading through these old comments, I'm half afraid to necro this thread, but....

http://www.asciiposter.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream