Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Hp Res 3 Mega

Default Re: Hp Res 3 Mega

Quote Originally Posted by tribaloverkill
    Mr. Defyant,... a stupid question. What are the tubes inside the reservoir for? Mixing? So the outlet doesn't pull the coolant right from the inlet? That is the only reason I can think of. Thanks.
    maybe to create an effect similar to that of the aqua-jet in an aqua computer reservoir? who knows, maybe its just to look good (if so he's succeeded )

Cool looks was the original intention ..i just thought the reses i made looked bland....later i learnt that it helps with bubbles caused thru turbulance...

spent alot of time watching the way these things work, and some of these pumps really push water hard!

All Res makers now seem to use some sort of "partitition" of feeder tubes.

Speeking of water!!!!

Now that ive decided to run a P4 sys in HPR3M, i can start sorting out the rest of internal modding.

Before i could move on tho, i need to sort out what waterblock i'll use..... i had an only DD-TDX laying around from an old AMD sys, unfortunatly..the mounting holes aren't correct....rather than bodge up an adaptor plate i decided to make a whole new top.

I call it the "The Frog TDX".

Your all know the familiar TDX block, this is the one i used awhile back and had had a custom made green persped top.

The bracket i'll use to mark the "intel" mount holes, this will also act as a guide for the general shape.

A full 12mm thick! this stuff is as stong as any bracket.

Heres the shape! "The Frog"

After a quik cut out with the Jigsaw and sone "pre drilling" its over for some dremal work.

A quick check to see all is good!

I decided that the "sharp" edge disnt have that "factor finished" look to it

So it was off the to router some some round edging.

Next was to thread tap and clean the holes up.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-18-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Off for some edge buffing!

Fit the block and its new Frog p4 top together

and finally a "Fit test" on the board

Some final photo shoot shots

I'll water test tonight, but its a cleaner solution that using an extra bracket witch always seems to look like added clutter.
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-18-2012 at 03:33 PM.

With that out of way i really start to make some proggy....

You all knew that HPR3 was going to have a motherboard cover just like HP2 and Heveyplex SLB i wanted to carry the tradition into this mod as well.

But knew i had to come up with something new....something or an idea that hasnt been seen before.

The hole internal frosted plex theme was goin to be the biggest bonus for this next mod and would allow me to do something that was a little more "out-there"

Of course the material of choice is plex!! a pretty much freehand pattern is cut using the good o'l jigsaw....

Next was to bend the edges to make the" Cage"

The paper is stripped off and the cage is layed in for a test fit

I picked abunch of these little fans up,while i dont think the cage needs any extra cooling i just thought the frosted look of the mini fan would make a geat looking addition.

A hole is meaured, marked and cut

Another is added for the AGP card and allows for the water cooling.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-18-2012 at 03:36 PM.

With the 2 main holes cut with only the CPU cooling holes to be added later the cage is taken inside and frost sanded, with 800g wet and dry.

A back wall that was previously cut was also sanded.

the new panels are slotted in and again checked for fit.

The cage will allow for plenty of airflow to pass thru its large claw type arches

The previously modded DD-TDX block is bolted in, holes are marked and drilled for the the water lines to pass thru.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-18-2012 at 03:38 PM.

All thats left to at this stage is to see how the cage works with the rest of the lighting.

with all blue lighting , the cage only needs 2 extra lights for a full effect.

With the backbard lit red and blue lights in the cage

and again using both red and blue lights to produce a purple effect on the back board.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-18-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

DEFYANT YOU ARE GOD LIKE!!! HO CRAP!!! I LOVE THE MOBO COVER!!! I was going to make a mobo cover but decided not to because I want to be able to swap out the mobo for a new one and still be able to use the cover. Now,... I am still going to make a cover but its going to be different. With it I will be able to use any mobo with as many pci cards as I want. I figured this out a cay or so ago. that and many other things. Anyways,... great job dude. I am drooling all over myself.
    Copyright.

ive never worked with plexi and was wondering, how do you bend it?

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

You have to heat it up. To little heat will make it not bend as easy and to much will create bubbles. You also need some sort of jig or method to bend it. You just cant throw it over the knee and ebdn. #1 its hot. #2 you have to hold it there until it cools down. #3 It's hot.
    Copyright.

Anodized

That's about as sick as it gets folks, spectacular mod Defyant.