Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Hp Res 3 Mega

Case Wizard

Default Re: Hp Res 3 Mega

Very nice. I do like they way you have done the lighting on that. Makes it look really good.

Anodized

Thanks Defyant, nice little project there. Also neat how you used the headphone type jacks and how you made them. One last question, do you take pictures of everything? It's great to have all those pictures, especially for nubs like myself, but I think you spend as much time taking pictures as you do modding. Thanks for taking the time to answer questions way beyond what I was expecting to get.

Quote Originally Posted by X child
    . One last question, do you take pictures of everything? It's great to have all those pictures, especially for nubs like myself, but I think you spend as much time taking pictures as you do modding. Thanks for taking the time to answer questions way beyond what I was expecting to get.
    your welcoome mate

Seriously the taking of the pics is nothing, if your setup! it's usally a qik hit hit the cam button wich is already set on a tripod.

The real time as most modders know is in the picture selection cropping and posting to sites.... compare this to the time actually spent modding and you know your doing this for the love! and not the loss of social and family time

Hahaha, with the quality of the mods you're dishing out defyant, i think its obvious that no time is being 'wasted' with the camera... The class of your mods deserves as much attention as it can get... Which is a lot.

ATX Mental Case

ummm... ya... That has done me in, I truely believe that ANY case can really modded.

y'know, it's when you see stuff like this that you wish you had gone with the old chepo case instead of the shiny piece of junk that you cant do anything with.

After seeing how well the last 2 lighting mods came off, i deciced to try somthing a lil more challenging.

This also solved the prop and allows me to start making some progress again.

i was stuck what to add as the "top feature" of the case.

This is still in very very early stages, but i was so excited by how it was looking i had to post

The idea is that the skelleton will sit on top of the case, with some heat will also take the shape and "mould" to the top. a ruff sand for now, but will have a proper wetrub and clean up over the weekend.

but i think you can see the potential of this idea.

The pattern is marked out on a peice of 6mm thick plex.

Some cut out fun.

You can see here how the skel will sit on the top of the case, with some heat it will mould to the shape of the top panel.....

After a qik sand,

this is very very ruff, and the final result will look a lot better shaped and just have a full frosted look.

Add some lights.

ATM the ligting is not very even..... this is becasue the skel hasnt been properly sanded, with proper placed lights and full sanding "diffusing"
    the light will have a much better even glow.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-18-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Ahaha....that looks sick....what gave you that idea?
    How did you come to trade the fiddle for the drum?

Very nice indeed... So will that be placed on top? Or embedded into the case with some bondo?

nice.
    "Hey look, the topic!! It's getting away! Quick catch it! *running* Must *running more* get on *panting* TOP...IC!!!! *collapses* "-Temmink
    Intel Q9450 @ 3.2GHz
    Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi
    OCZ Platinum PC3-12800 1600Mhz XTC 4Gb 7-7-7-24
    2 x Powercolor HD4870 512Mb in Crossfire
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme with Noctua 120mm 1300RPM Pressure Optimised Fan
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit w/ SP1