Thread: FireFox Add-On Recommendations

Default FireFox Add-On Recommendations

I love Firefox3 - use it exclusively under XP, Vista and Ubuntu except for exceptional purposes when I may use google Chrome (beware!) or Internet Exploder (beware!) or Opera (Oh why did they do what they have done to the interface!

If you are using FireFox and have not got the noscript add-on installed then install it and use it. Makes for the safest and most private browsing.

Other add ons I recommend:

CoolIris, formerly PicLens: Allows you to search for images and videos on various sites and gives the results on a Fullscreen 3D wall you can haul around to look at pages of images real quick. Has many functions when you get into it and makes image and video searching a pleasure.

FastDial: When you open a tab you are presented with your own user defined favourite pages as thumb nails. You can decide how many rows and columns there are and place your most visited sites in the thumbnails. One click new tab 2nd click probably where you want to be: invaluable time-saver and type-saver.

Fast Video Download: Instead of watching video's on youtube or almost anywhere else why not download them to your hard-drive? Especially for those you view often.

Anyone else found some great Add-Ons or Plugins for FireFox?

CrazyB

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: FireFox Add-On Recommendations

I like the Download Statusbar quite a bit. I also use the dark NASA theme because I like having a generally dark theme for my computer, it's easier on mah eyes.

I use DownThemAll (free download accelerator) and Video DownloadHelper (another youtube downloader which apparently can convert them to AVI).
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

The spell check add-on. Should be mandatory for users of ANY forum.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    i have it installed, but rarely take any notice of it.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    I forgot that one and yes it's fantastic. Of course I use the British English dictionary ... so for you American users I have spelling errors here there and everywhere.

CrazyB

ps But it did remind me to capitalise "America"

I'm still trying to find a suitable replacement to GBC (Google Browser Sync). Google announced they were discontinuing support for the AddOn. Other than that there aren't a lot of plugins I use for Firefox.

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/200...continued.html
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I forgot that one and yes it's fantastic. Of course I use the British English dictionary ... so for you American users I have spelling errors here there and everywhere.

CrazyB

ps But it did remind me to capitalise "America"
    Hehe I find myself still using the British spelling of words like Theatre instead of Theater.

Odd stuff like that.

When I went to school they actually taught us things like Phonics which helps to spell words (so I rarely need the spell check, but it is nice). My SO's generation did not have phonics instruction and she cannot spell that great, even though she teaches high school.

Oh and popup blocker is another I have installed...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...