Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stock Dell Dimension Case Modding Tips!?!

Case Wizard

Default Re: Stock Dell Dimension Case Modding Tips!?!

its a dell get 2 sticks of TNT and place them inside of the case, Light and run away.

then start with what ever lives.
    [/SARSCIM OFF]

I so would start with ripping the LOGO's off and find a trash can that they will fit in.
    then see about replacing the open holes with a window.

Yeh if you want to make a nice custom case, get rid of any DELL logo to start with... its almost blasphemous to have them on a case you've modded.

just make sure when u do cut out a hole in the case u wach out for the inner layer of metal
    |ŦиΣ▫ЩгэŧЄђəĐ

Overclocked

get rid of any DELL logo to start with... its almost blasphemous to have them on a case you've modded.
    Dell!? Case!? BLASPHEMY! You shall burn at the stake!
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

I dunno I kinda like the blue Dell XPS cases, if I could get one of those, I wouldnt mind it at all, too bad the mobo is proprietary and you'd have to mod it heavily, still worth the effort

Fresh Paint

Yo Nate.
    1st of all, I think guys at all the OEM builders got together and decided to use uber strength steel when building their cases. By looking at them you'd think that they were built to withstand all manner of natural disasters, so if you're a complete noob, i wouldn't recommend the jigsaw option. Get some practice with the jig 1st and then tackle that monster steel on your case.
    2nd, don't replace your case. They might be ugly (OEM's are the new beige) and they might not have been designed with the words "lan party" in mind, but the are normally really well made and excellently designed. A mate of mine once replaced a mobo (which means taking everything out essentially) in about 10 mins in an HP case. Function should always follow form. Dress the case up for a good looking well designed case.
    3rd, paint BEFORE you light! You might think that your case looks the business with it's current lighting, but it might look horrible with it's new paint scheme.
    4th, read, read, read. There is no better source than the net for uncovering new mods and products.
    5th, and by far the most important thing, DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO! This will lead to respect and admiration among peers and self gratification. Instead of telling you what to do with your case, i'm gonna list some shops and let you decide. Often products give you ideas about what look you want your case to have.

- This website.
    - Paul's Book is a killa source filled with how to's.
    - www.frozencpu.com
    - www.xoxide.com
    - www.directron.com
    - www.gruntville.com
    - www.mnpctech.com

Hope this helps you form your own ideas and remember to have fun.
    Cheers.
    Oz
    If you get dealt cowboys and make trips on the flop, would you go all-in with the nuts if a King fell on the river?

http://<span style="font-family: Ari....org.za</span>

Fresh Paint

I have a samarai case but in a different colour except i have no side window, i would very much like to mod my case but have no idea where to start... atm i cant put my side on the case if i want to see my watercooling and fluro setup