Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project A.O.D.

ATX Mental Case

Default Project A.O.D.

(This is my first modding project that started out something simple but ended into something more. I learned that modding is like that one chip commercial "Just can't stop at one")

First it must be stated that I originally posted that I wanted Ideas for this pc in the modding Q&A but was told to "come up with your own, its your project" and my friend told me that same thing. So started ideas and modding with major help with an experienced modder. Here is the work log ...

My Computer is a Amd 64 3500+ system in case a Cooler Master Centurion 5 case in a silver color. The case is modding from factor with a window with a logo in the very center of the window (was a ugly window). The components that make up a this new computer are a Silverstone 650w PS, a thermalright XP-90c heatsink w/ quick silver 5, Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI motherboard, Gigabyte 3D1 sli-enabled pci express videocard, Sata hards, Lite On Dvd reader and Lite On DVD writer. As well as various blue light-emitting fans (there is not one fan that does not emit blue light). One 120 mm fan in the back as outtake and one 120mm fan infront as intake, 80mm fan on the heatsink and two 70mm fans on a pci card.

I still stick by the fact that "until this pc pops popcorn its not all that great".
    But I gonna try to make it look great.

I give all this information so that you understand that my machine has the latest stuff and is the inside is full of blue light that a cold cathode is not really needed. For this I decided on my mod idea that half is simple and half painful. Ask if I left out something important.

The Target design on this mod is to look like a military test machine. I did not research what one looks like but I did not want it to look like something out there.

First Mod stepComplete)

This image show the 120mm fan modded into the three bays and the centurion logo remove and metal was reformed to barely show where the logo was located to the right of the power button. I did not do that, my friend did that for me as a favor as well as replace my window on the case with acrylic plastic. He did a awesome job but this work was not mine ...

Second Mod StepComplete)

These two pictures show the wire wrapping done with blue and white electric tape as well as lots of wire organizing. White tape wraps around the data cables (IDE, SATA, and Floppy) and Blue tape wraps around the power cables. This helps with easy pc repair later as well, like they would have in a test machine. I am proud to say that I took some part in this mod but most goes to my friend who help me figure out ways to organize it.

Third Mod StepUnfinished)

This part of the mod I learned how to use the Dremel tool and how much I hate metal shavings. By the way, this modding pc shop is not mine but my friends, right down to the dremel tool. But the ideas are mine, that much I can say. The letters were meant to be D.O.A. but come to find out the letters were on the board backwards and so it ended up being A.O.D. It was kinda of funny when it happened but now I do not know what A.O.D. can stand for. Any Suggestions on what A.O.D. can stand for?

I shall up this log when more progress is made as I have been enjoying this work.

Water Cooled

Default Re: Project A.O.D.

Arrived On-site Dead?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown

Tha Shizzle Fo Rizzle

excellent work. the only way to start modding is to, well...start modding. nice job on teh front 120 and wiring, and while the DOA didnt come out the way you wanted it still looks good (and provides for a good story for a few laughs...) as long as you are enjoying the process thats all that matters. def keep us posted and keep at it.

lets see...AOD?

Angel Of Death
    All Overclockers Dreams
    Any Other Do-overs (lol...sorry)
    Army Of Doom

its late and im tired...sue me..

Water Cooled

Arrogant Oversized Daffodils?
    Alienated Obtuse Ding-Dongs?
    Area Of Destruction? (hmm. got potential)
    Anticipated Order Delay? (sorry whisp )
    Antacid Of Doom?
    Always On Duty?
    Aforementioned Oligargarchical Demise?
    Any Other Day?
    - Unknown

Dude...totally!

Hmmm...A. O. D....how about "Ass of Doom"

edit: i guess im kinda slow. in the time it took me to think of that, Zeus and Cygnus had multiple ideas that were way better than mine :p

ATX Mental Case

Thank You Zeus, cygnus_x_1, and AKA_RA for the ideas of what A.O.D. can stand for.

I think I will go with "Anticipation Of Destruction".

This name goes with my mod of military test box, all your help is greatly preciated in this name that you guys thought of.

Water Cooled

glad we could help...hope you at least got a chuckle too.
    - Unknown

Water Cooled

Anakin Or Darth
    - Unknown

Water Cooled

asparagus of despair
    - Unknown

ATX Mental Case

lol that i did