Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Podcasts do you listen to?

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Default What Podcasts do you listen to?

I listen to Diggnation which is a really funny show where the founder of Digg Kevin Rose and his mate Alex Albrecht talk about the top stories on Digg.

Also I listen to Net at Nite which is a live podcast done by Leo Laporte and Amber Macarthur where they take calls.

Finally I listen to This Week in Tech which is a panel of people that talk about tech.
    Need a sig

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: What Podcasts do you listen to?

What... exactly is a Podcast? I'm only assuming that it has something to do with an iPod? Haha, go easy, I just got mine like a month ago.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Sigh.

Since I can't be bothered to explain it and I am slightly annoyed and tired.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    A podcast is a media file that is distributed by subscription (paid or unpaid) over the Internet using syndication feeds, for playback on mobile devices and personal computers[1]. Like 'radio', it can mean both the content and the method of syndication. The latter may also be termed podcasting. The host or author of a podcast is often called a podcaster.

Though podcasters' web sites may also offer direct download or streaming of their content, a podcast is distinguished from other digital audio formats by its ability to be downloaded automatically, using software capable of reading feed formats such as RSS or Atom.
    Alright here is my explanation. I love tech so much I can't help myself.

Basically shows in audio or video where they talk about what ever. Alot of people listen to them on their ipod. But now people are just listening to them on their computers. Alot of radio statons save their shows for download so you can listed to them.

If you got to podcast in itunes and go to the bottom right hand corner of the window and click podcast directory. There are podcast for anything and everything you can imagine.

So search for a topic you like in google an add "+ podcast" and check out some podcasts and then listen to them on your ipod or your computer.
    Need a sig

Nice, thanks for the explanation! +1rep

...now to find some uber sweet "podcasts" hehe
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I listen to Al Franken on Air America & Penn Jillette on Free FM.

Once in a while I will dip into the disinformation archives for something I want to listen to. I rarely browse, it's almost always something specific.

I listen to Loveline on weeknights on the regular radio via a local affiliate.

I use the local library here often for their surprisingly extensive collections of The Teaching Company and various audio books.

I like to listen for my learning because it allows me to do two things at once.

ATX Mental Case

Diggnation FTW!!!!

also AskANinja is quite good

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_crip View Post
    Diggnation FTW!!!!

also AskANinja is quite good
    Dangit, you beat me to it! I LOVE AskANinja!

I also like National Geographic.

And last but not least, Dane Cook! FTW!

ATX Mental Case

I listen to the Ricky Gervais podcast. (For you Americans, Ricky was the Boss on the original UK version of The Office)

Also, i listen to the XFM podcast, XFM is a Uk Radio station, and the podcast has lots of live music from mainly Indie/Rock bands.

Just want to get this out there before I head to bed...

If you haven't checked out Diggnations Podcasts, Do it now. I just had the best hour ever watching those two, they are absolutely hilarious and very entertaining. ...as well as informative of course.

So yeah, Highly recommended and I am now off to bed.

wait wait, one more. The Philosophy Podcast is also good. Might be something to check out if you are into that kind of stuff.

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

Well, I do streaming stuff through Winamp, does that count? If so, I always watch old episodes of The Simpsons and Invader Zim through ShoutcastTV on Winamp. They also have audio and music videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.