Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Project XBlueXmodX

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

Default Re: Project XBlueXmodX

It depends on the Dashboard. I don't think it matters what BIOS or EEPROM is on the chip. Plus, many people wouldn't do this; when they see what's involved they'll probably back down. I was lucky enough to have the resources to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Austral Alien

This Mod Chip legality is quite interesting as over here in Australia it is all perfectly legal and has been upheld in the High Court too.
    Of course, I won't be putting any links up here about where to get them as this site obviously isn't Australian, but here is a link to the legality over here:
    http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Australi...hips_are_legal
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post
    This Mod Chip legality is quite interesting as over here in Australia it is all perfectly legal and has been upheld in the High Court too.
    Of course, I won't be putting any links up here about where to get them as this site obviously isn't Australian, but here is a link to the legality over here:
    http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Australi...hips_are_legal
    I think Australia seems to be pretty level headed in all of these matters. Its one of the few countries i have heard of that is against region coding. I understand that region coding helps companies make money, and Im as much of a capitalist as the next guy, but region coding is wrong in my opinion. If i buy a copy of a movie or a video game, i may not own the game, but i should have the right to sell my copy and if i so desire, i should be able to sell it out of my country.

Or an even more plausible argument.

Lets say i live in Europe and i have acquired a MASSIVE dvd and game collection. Ive given the movie companies their money and every thing is legit. Then i decide that i want to move to the states. All of the sudden, i cant find movies that work in my old DVD player. That 500 dollar gaming system i bought won't play any of my new games either. Next, my dvd player dies. So i go out and buy a new one. I bring it home, set it up and sit back to watch some movies. To my horror, none of my European movies will play in my new American DVD player. So what am i stuck with? A couple thousand dollars worth of useless shiny disks. My only options seem to be, purchase new copies of my movies, or buy and illegal DVD player. I cant see how this can be in any way justified.

for Australia

Edit: How is buying and renting movies in Australia? Do you guys have any problems with the Movie industries trying to force region coding on you? I thought i read that region coded players are illegal for you guys, but there was a problem with some movies that wont play on region-free players. Is this true?
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

New sig. =D

i rly dont see why ppl use mod chips lolz they take alot longer than a softmod...... and u can do just about everything a mod chip can do with a soft mod.... only thing that gets difficult is upgrading ur HD in it..... which is why me being my lazy self.... has left the stock one in till i can free up my 160Gb maxtor outa my P4...
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

I felt like using a modchip. I don't like soft mods. You can do a lot more with modchips than you can softmods. Yes, the first time is a bitch, but now I know how to do it. And if I had to do another, I'd have it done, and up and running in one day.

Overclocked

hey, i have a soft modded xbox, and i think its great,
    i kind of want to get a chip, but i dont know what the difference is.

how is a chip better than soft modding?

i know that you can flash your bios and unlock your hd and stuff, but what else can you do?

Inspired by henmill, I'm gonna give windows a shot. I got a plexi hard drive cover on the way soon.

I've got my Xbox softmodded using the Splintercell / Linux exploit, and have upgraded to a 7200rpm 80gb hdd. Add an 80pin ide cable, and play your games from the HDD. What load times?

I dont pirate games though; I archive my own Xbox games (which I own, yes) so I dont have to swap discs all the time. Also, the load times from hdd are sooo much better.

The only thing that I would want a mod chip for is the ability to change that frickin' flubber animation on startup. I HATE that thing.

BTW, using XBMC to access SMB shares on your local network is the greatest thing ever. Xbox becomes HTPC (essentially) + games. All my music and movie collection can be accessed from the xbox in the living room, and with new scripts being developed all the time for xbmc, I can access Youtube, Shoutcast (audio and video), and bittorrent from my xbox too.

Just my 2 cents (ok, more than 2 cents).

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro