Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vista Not A OSX Ripoff!

ATX Mental Case

Default Vista Not A OSX Ripoff!

Proof that Microsoft did not copy Mac! Hillarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvfUku1GpCw

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Default Re: Vista Not A OSX Ripoff!

LOL that was fantastic! Wow. So true. That was a well done exposure of the great copying machine: aka M!kr0$h!T
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

ATX Mental Case

The best part is, its all true! Theres a lot of responses from Microsoft fan boys bitchin' about how Vista beta had all those features back in 2003. What the idiots don't realise is my old Mac had most of those features back in 1993!

Apple Sucks. stupid video. I love how the measley 9% of the world's [Mac] computer users will blindly follow Apple as if Jobs is some techno guru shephard that will lead his flock of Mac-sheeple to product nirvana. All he is interested in is his bottom line, and floating boatloads of your money down his candy apple river--just like the Other Guy. Granted, the iPod is revolutionary--however the DRM shackles that Apple puts on your wrist with iTunes is unacceptable. This is not freedom, or technological enlightenment. I refuse to be a slave to his products. If it cant play MP3, its not for me. Put that in your OS and smoke it.
    Last edited by Crimson Sky; 01-15-2007 at 09:02 PM.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Granted, the iPod is revolutionary--however the DRM shackles that Apple puts on your wrist with iTunes is unacceptable.
    Zune's exactly the same. Apparently it refuses to play files you buy from the Microsoft store and is completely incompatible with MS's 'Plays for Sure' system. Bill Gates publicly agreed at a conference yesterday/Saturday that MS's DRM is 'draconian' and needs to be relaxed, as it's only the legitimate users who are actually feeling the bite.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

I just had a problem with Vista not wanting to see my music files. I'm using WMP11. I had to add everything to the library again.

ATX Mental Case

I like both OS's. Microsoft for its Compatability, Mac for its superior Graphics, and (more important to me) Sound quality. I await the day when I can sucessfully run both Systems on one Machine.

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ReignInPain View Post
    I like both OS's. Microsoft for its Compatability, Mac for its superior Graphics, and (more important to me) Sound quality. I await the day when I can sucessfully run both Systems on one Machine.
    You can... as long as you want to buy and overpriced machine from apple.

Even though i know it most likely wont ever happen, I would love to have OS X on a PC that i built myself.

But as of now... ill probably just keep building my desktops, and buying laptops from apple.

Crimson - What do you mean an iPod cant play mp3's? I rip all of my cd's in itunes as mp3's and i have mp3's from the internet (they aren't illegal) that play fine on my iPod and in itunes. Am i having the apple wool pulled over my eyes? I do have an older ipod (2nd or 3rd generation i think) if that makes a differnce. Does that mean that if i buy a new ipod I have to reconvert everything in to DRM laced apple formats?

As far as Microsoft stealing ideas from apple. I'm sure they did. Its the way these things work. There isn't anything horribly evil about it. It's not like they are stealing code and creating an exact duplicate. They are just adding useful features to windows that already exist on the apple platform. But i still prefer OS X to windows.

Edit: Forgot to mention... I do give Microsoft some props for Media Center... Apple IS playing catch up when it comes to that sort of functionality.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by luciusad2004 View Post
    You can... as long as you want to buy and overpriced machine from apple.
    Not quite. Thanks to the way Macs, OSX and Vista work, you can't get them to run on the same machine without some pretty major faults. One day hopefully these things will be ironed out.

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ReignInPain View Post
    Not quite. Thanks to the way Macs, OSX and Vista work, you can't get them to run on the same machine without some pretty major faults. One day hopefully these things will be ironed out.
    Really? I wasnt aware of that ... Ill have to look in to it... I wanted to get a laptop before school (i made a thread about it) and i was planning on getting a macbook pro and dual booting os x and windows vista simply because it seems in a college environment windows would be almost a necessity. I might not want to get a mac if i cant run windows vista properly.

As much as I love OS X, The world runs on windows.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.