Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Project : Lupine

Default Re: Project : Lupine

Fan bloodly tastic. Where did you get those Hyper 48 for $9, I had to pay AUD$70 for my one, and it didn't even come with the full thing.....(It was missing the TIM, which I didn't mind because I got a 12g tube of AS5, and a 3pin fan to 4pin molex connector which I now really need. Any ideas on how to make your own PWM controller so you can fix that annoying fan speed of only 1400RPM?

Keep up the great work.

Thank you sir!

The sale happened @ xoxide.com about 2 weeks ago. Every now and then they throw down a HUGE sale. Plus every Sunday, they have a X-Hour sale, where something gets knocked down to a near absurd level.

Thanks for the feedback!

sorry to go off topic on this, but I'm thinking others are interested too...

the X-Hour sale, does that mean that they have that sale every sunday at a specific hour? only during that hour? How does that work exactly?

EDIT: I just found out myself... seek and ye shall find:

1 Hour.
    60 Minutes.
    3600 Seconds.
    That is how long you have to take advantage of one of the best deals on the internet every single week. We call it…the X-Hour.
    Write it down on your calendar. Tie a ribbon around your finger. Tape a note to your pet. Do whatever it takes to remember to go to www.Xoxide.com between 9:00pm and 10:00pm eastern time every Sunday. We will save you money. All that you have to do is show up.
    Now all that remains is to stay awake (European problem )

Too bad they don't ship to Australia.......
    And tech-daddy bring the mods home (ie Finish it)

Yeah, I effectively have this week to get this beast completed! I have one other thing to tie up (paint wise) and one more cut to make for cable routing.... then I'll start mounting equipment. My last bits after that are the LED's for the window,

Too tired tonight to post up all of the pics... so I'll give you a teaser pic of the end result achieved!!!

I'm about 90% done with the power supply:

More tomorrow!

Overclocked

Looks great but I must say youre so evil to tease us!

I have to move on, so the power supply will just have to do for now. I have a plan on making this chrome effect much better in the future, but deadlines are deadlines!

For lack of a better word, vinyl chrome!

The powersupply pulled apart before getting attacked:

The top with the vinyl treatment:

Showing off the reflectivity with 2 fan grills that I hit with the purple Metalcast:

Close up of the vents on the supply. Those hex holes are going to be the death of me!

I did these side holes (that will not be visable from the window) just to see if I could find a mechanism to make the hex mesh chromed, and I found a way... but it is VERY time intensive. It involved poking an X with an exacto knife in each hex center through the vinyl. Then, using a hex wrench that was sized to perfectly pass through the mesh hole... I put it on top and pushed it through the X spot. The vinyl then went through the hole with the wrench, and left a little tail of material that was to be trimmed off later. My main concern where the large vented area was, is the close proximity of current bearing devices (read: electrical components) and I just did not want to risk accidentally having the vinyl touching something and shorting out... this is a silver vinyl after all, I'm sure there is some sort of metal in it.... so I have a plan on the large meshed area, but I need more time to complete that task, so that is one of the fixes that will have to eait for later....

Fan grills in place, PS *effectively* completed. I say effectively, because I know what I need to do to fix the errors that I made on applying this material, but I'll have to reapply the vinyl at a later date to resolve those things.

Now, I need to go and install the supply and start working on the remaining cable management, and LED placement. Drop in the board, and get this thing installed!

Test fit, not final by any stretch, but the exercise lets me see how everything is working now. Found 2 issues that I need to affect changes to, in order to complete the case later.

But these will give you an idea of where I am going, and how the collection of parts works together!

I have some work to do back here, and not a whole lotta space to work with. Have an idea though. and will try that tomorrow while the last paint will be drying.

Overclocked

Looks awsome buddy. Couple questions about it. Are you going to do ne sleeving for the wiered when they come directly out of the PSU or also the top right above the mobo looks a bit bare are you going to do nething there? Or are both hidden by the window.