54. You may not vote on this poll
  • ATI

17 31.48%
  • Nvidia

37 68.52%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ATI Vs. Nvidia

Default Re: ATI Vs. Nvidia

this might not be an "exact" comparison but it seems to me like nVidia and ATI are like PC and Mac. PC is the bigger better giant which has become more accepted and more catered for whereas Mac is still a gem on it's own but isn't really that compatible. You get me? Lolz i don't think i get me =S
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 // Asus P5N32-E SLI //
    2G OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Reaper HPC // nVidia GeForce GTS 250 //
    Logitech X-530 // Seasonic 650W PSU // 24" Samsung 2493HM

Fresh Paint

i like ati and amd better, always have

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Here's my two cents:

It doesn't matter how fast or how good of handling a car has, just how good the driver is, and how well he knows his vehicle. You could put anybody in a Ferrari, but that doesn't mean that they're going to win any races.

Me? I go with what works, and is affordable. My last CPU, an AMD, fried after maybe two or three months, so now, I have an Intel Dual Core... I like AMD, but if Intel works, then that's what I'll go with. I have a 6800XT, the board made by BIOSTAR. I read great reviews on it, someone else on here, I can't quite remember who, has one and likes it, so that's what I went with. So far, I haven't had any problems with the card, except for the heatsink that I may finally replace with the new one I've had for two weeks now, but what's a heatsink when you can easily replace it if you have the patience and basic know-how?

I've used mainly NVidia, and the ATi I have used were only mobile..... and a couple years old. I prefer NVida rather than ATi, although since AMD has accquired them, it shall be interesting to see if ATi has finally done performance per clock.

EDIT: To make a point about that article with a 'pre-release' card..... I don't exactly trust it.... to me, it seems like a bunch of fanboys, until the card is released, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Ive Used Both Cards Over The Years. Personally I Perfer Nvida Because I See Better FPS Rates. Havent Had A Chance To Play With Many New ATI Cards. I Do Like The Fact That Many ATI Cards Are Alot Better With Actual Media Such As Movies, TV, ETC. Nvidia Has Usually Just Been Straight Gaming And Programs. But As Said Earlier In This Thread....Just Like Coke And Pepsi, Same Thing People Just Chose Different Ones For Unknown Reasons lol.

I prefer Nvidia because of the dual monitor support. Really helps.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I agree with ajutz21, I go with the best at the time of purchase. My curent Pc is a soc 475 AMD which i'm upgrading to a Core 2 Duo E6600, I don't really have any maufacturer preferances but I always buy my GPU and RAM from a trusted manufacturer, you cant go past the quality of Corsair and FXF or even BFG 9If you want to spend that much money) lol.

Anodized

I could really care less about any of the rendering capabilities of either manufacturer. In my main system I use an ATI because Nvidia doesn't make a Media capture card.

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    I'm running an ATI card with twin monitors. I wish i bought a nVidea. If you have or plan to run twin monitors, you need nVidea, ATI's twin monitor support is absolute balls, despite hydravision.

-Dave
    Really? My previous card was an Nvidia (I forget the model off the top of my head) and it practically died when I tried to run duel monitors. My Ati (an X800 All-In-wonder) lets me run 2 monitors and a TV with out question.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Hey Minty, you'll have to tell me how to unlock the other pipelines, etc. when my warranty expires and I'm on the verge of getting a newer card... it would be nice for this to hold me over better... especially with me on the verge of getting Oblivion...