Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How can I make a PSU smaller?

Water Cooled

Default Re: How can I make a PSU smaller?

that site I gave you earlier should have external PSUs too!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown

What you could do, is empty out the back of an old Mac Monitor, and then stick an LCD screen in the front... that way u have a stack of room in the back for PSU's and what not. This would ofcourse require the purchase of an LCD screen that would fit.

Besides youed probbly touch two things and onec and......ZZZZZZAAAAAPPPPP!!!!!!...ur dead..lol

WTF!!!! you allready have "can i make my crapy 350watt psu any smaller in another thread...your spaming... where you had it is good enough..you dont need to ask the same question 80million times youl get threads locked like that....your oviously a nood to any tyoe of forum WITH rules

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by toast07
    WTF!!!! you allready have "can i make my crapy 350watt psu any smaller in another thread...your spaming... where you had it is good enough..you dont need to ask the same question 80million times youl get threads locked like that....your oviously a nood to any tyoe of forum WITH rules
    Before you go mouthing off, you should think more of what you are saying before your saying it. If I did meantion making a psu smaller, it was probilily off topic. Thus if it was off topic than I didn't expect the answer to how to make a psu smaller, I would imagine it would go back to the subject at hand to what ever the topic of the that peticular thread, eh? So I close with the question to you, "Did you read the topic of that thread in which I supposely post this remark?" and "Did you think if you compared the topic of the thread with any posts under that thread that they pretty much stayed tuned to the topic?" !

Water Cooled

seriously, toast. I don't know how much of a veteran you may be on other forums. But from what I see, you are relatively new to this forum. As such, I think you should excercise a little more self control before you go blasting them. Especially about something we have all done. I have at times posted a side comment that turned into a question in my threads. It happens. CHILL!
    - Unknown

And yes, capacitors can = death. So i wouldn't recommend opening a PSU that u have used. Unless you know how to ground it and make it safe.

Water Cooled

and considering they probably were used to test to make sure they work before they sell them, I would not open one at all if you don't know what to stay away from.
    - Unknown

ya sorry bout that i was supper tired from stain up all night and i could of sworn i was in the topic i posterd when i read this...lol my mistake......oh and if you want a smaller psu buy a modular one...ther just as good

You could take the PSU from an old set top box... they are generally smaller... and have the fan mounted outside the unit... They are about half the size of a normal psu, plus the 80mm fan they stick on them... i used one as my test powersupply at my comp shop.