Thread: Zalman Reserator 1 Electrical Mod

Default Zalman Reserator 1 Electrical Mod

Thanks in advance to people that reply to this thread:

Im really interested in intergrating my Zalman Reserator 1 electrical into my Case/PSU itself. This is what I have in mind:

I would like to Eliminate this switch:

And this is what I would like to do:

Now, my question is, is it possible to wire this into the PSU(700w) and be able to turn it on before the PC itself? If so, how should I go about doing it?

Im also looking into being able to disconnect the Reserator from the PC if moving is needed, use some sort of quick disconnect. If anyone has any opinions, and would love to here them, and maybe some links to places where I could find the proper hardware. Once again, thanks in advance!!

Default Re: Zalman Reserator 1 Electrical Mod

Additional Info:

Zalman Integrated Water Pum :5 W
    Button LED is rated for 3.4 Volts

No info on the Temp reader, unknown connections, still waiting for delivery.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Zalman Reserator 1 Electrical Mod

You might want to look into some of the homebrewing sites for quick disconnects.

It's been a while since I brewed any beer, but I'm pretty sure www.williamsbrewing.com still carries the QD's.

Might be interesting getting it sized down (or up), as I'm not sure what the OD is on your hoses.

Let me know how your search goes.

Drumthumper

EDIT: As far as wiring it into the PSU, would it be possible to wire it to a toggle switch? That would be kinda cool I think.