Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: CS:S - CounterStrike:Server

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Default Re: CS:S - CounterStrike:Server

After a confusing trip to the post office the fan grill is whisking its way across the world to your door.
    Need a sig

Awesome, thanks man.
    RIP Bucko

Resident Alcoholic

This mod is going to be awesome!
    keep up the good work,
    H (in Paris)

Anodized

Well Mal
    AFAIK Slax is based on Slakcware. This one is based on Debian. And Debian is based on Linux.

Yeah I know that Mandriva is slow. Even on better hardware but box ( blue flux or black is faster than kde or gnome). Even tho wine sucks then.

If u were watching on install screens i might see one bout cedega. This is nice. But truly i don't know how it works.

Code:
    ar -r God

Quote Originally Posted by h3moglobe0 View Post
    Well Mal
    AFAIK Slax is based on Slakcware. This one is based on Debian. And Debian is based on Linux.

Yeah I know that Mandriva is slow. Even on better hardware but box ( blue flux or black is faster than kde or gnome). Even tho wine sucks then.

If u were watching on install screens i might see one bout cedega. This is nice. But truly i don't know how it works.
    Yep, I know Debian is Linux, but this doesn't change the fact that most game servers you use are Linux based. If you are still curious on this, here is a guide to setting up a CS:S server on Linux, without Steam, Wine, or Cedega.

I plan on using Gentoo with Xfce, and I might try out Enlightenment. Besides being a server for CS, this is also going to be a software testing box of sorts. Instead of trying out stuff on my most used box, and messing with my config, I'm going to use this to try stuff out.
    RIP Bucko

Well, I just thought I would thank everybody watching this for the 1,000 views.

Tomorrow our school has Monday off (for the 4th week in a row..) and I'll hopefully be getting my bondo and I'll get some of that started.
    RIP Bucko

Anodized

.mal - I've just want to say that thre no such a big difs in all *nix systems.
    All in the family -KoRn

But I've wondering about wight of this to ammo case.
    Are they heavy? About what wight in kg?
    As I can see on pics they are made of pretty thin material.

Code:
    ar -r God

Quote Originally Posted by h3moglobe0 View Post
    .mal - I've just want to say that thre no such a big difs in all *nix systems.
    All in the family -KoRn

But I've wondering about wight of this to ammo case.
    Are they heavy? About what wight in kg?
    As I can see on pics they are made of pretty thin material.
    I don't know the weight in Kg, but I'd say each are around 1-2 lbs. Not too heavy. The heaviest part is probably the top, because it has the latch on it which is pretty heavy.

The material is thin, but it's very sturdy (steel). I suppose is has to be though, they are made for military use .
    RIP Bucko

Update.

I know I said I would update last weekend, but I had a lot going on. I do have some updates for today though. I just got done ordering a few parts. I ordered the keyboard, mouse, and PSU for this (and a DVD burner to replace my old one, but that's not for this). I went with a different mouse and PSU than the ones I linked to on the first page of this. For the moust I went with a Rosewill, because it was only $10, wireless, and had a $10 MIR (heh heh). It is a little bigger than the old M$ one I was planning on getting, but I'll survive. I also replaced the PSU with a 580W Sunbeam. Same price, better reviews, more wattage, more fans, better.

I also bought the Bondo, hardener and plastic spatulas.

But anyways, I bought the mouse, keyboard, and PSU now and not with the Mobo so I would have something to keep you entertained with while I saved money for the mobo. I should have enough within the next month, and I'll be doing the mouse/keyboard/PSU and bondo-ing during that. But for now, I'm out.
    RIP Bucko

Anodized

Its to laet i see. But. Did u think bout having a treckball in this - not mouse? It sits in one position so all performace could be put in one box/case.

Code:
    ar -r God