Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CS:S - CounterStrike:Server

Default Re: CS:S - CounterStrike:Server

This looks pretty sweet so far man. Boy do i love mods that involve bullet boxes, and Counter strike also! (even though its CS:S, +rep)

Thanks NocturnaL, and don't worry, it's not CS:S, it's 1.6. The title says CS:S because I was trying to be tricky with Counter Strike and the fact it was a server, thus I came up with CS:S - CounterStrike:Server .

Update.

Out of some awesome stroke of luck, my parents have let me order my last parts: Mobo and CPU. I went to eBay for this one, and bought a Via Epia MII 10000 Mini-Itx with a 1Ghz CPU, brand new from one of those store-type sellers. I was looking for the same thing on Newegg (well, lower-end actually) and saved myself $20 by buying from eBay . I've still got a long way to go on this project, so stay tuned.

I sincerely doubt there will be an update tomorrow (work 12-7) but who knows, maybe I'll wake up early or still have enough energy to do a little after work. But for now, I'm out.
    RIP Bucko

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Have you got the fan grill yet?
    Need a sig

Ahhh very nice, 1.6 Ftw! Cant wait to see more

simon: Nope, haven't gotten it yet, but when I asked my parents they said something from OZ could take a few weeks to get here.

NocturnaL: Yeah, 1.6 is a great game. Great for LANs

Well, my first order should be coming tomorrow (keyboard) and my second will be coming on Tuesday (PSU, mouse, DVD Burner) if all goes well with UPS. I don't have any shipping info. for the mobo other than it's shipping via USPS Priority Shipping. Don't know what that means in terms of shipping time, but I'm guessing no sooner than Wednesday or Thursday.

We've been having a pretty wicked snow storm here, so with all luck school will be canceled and I'll get some quality time to work on this. My mom seems to think we'll have school, but what does she know, she's a teacher :p. Also, out of one of those spur-of-the-moment things, I requested Solaris 10 DVD from Sun today for x86. Why? I'm not quite sure yet. Maybe I'll find a use for it.
    RIP Bucko

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    simon: Nope, haven't gotten it yet, but when I asked my parents they said something from OZ could take a few weeks to get here.
    Maybe if I sent it by carrier pigeon should be at your door any day now.
    Need a sig

Lol yeah, pidgeons ftw!

Anyways...

Update.

This is an exciting one (for me at least). The first shipment of part(s) arrived. I received my Rosewill keyboard. It is a "slim" style keyboard (meaning it has laptop type keys) and is black and sliver (which will be changed to black and green to match the case). This means I can start painting again! I had one problem though. I don't know whose fault it is, but a corner on the keyboard, they plastic cracked. It's no big deal, and actually barely noticable, but the top cover lifts up about a 1/8 inch, and I can definitely feel it's there. Like I said though, it's really no big deal, I can easily fix it was some plastic bonding super-glue after I paint, but it's just a shame that Newegg would ship a broken item/UPS sucks balls at delivery. I have a feeling that it was UPS's fault, as I found it jammed between my storm door and front door, but that's just speculation. I'll post pics. a little bit later once I work on a history project and find my camera.

Edit: Also, simon, I just received the fan grill. NICE. Again, thanks a ton man. Pictures will be up in an hour or 2.
    RIP Bucko

Update... again.

Here are the pictures I said I'd post. I'm using the keyboard right now on my current system (my current one really blows) so I also have some likes and gripes about the keyboard. Consider this an unformal review.

When I first opened the UPS box and took out the actual Rosewill box, I was a little concerned. The box was very light weight cardboard, and didn't have any insulation inside it at all. Inside the box was the keyboard (duh) and a little slip of paper telling what the top keys did (like I'll ever use any of them besides the volume - and volume +). The keyboard was inside a plastic bag thing (almost like a bag made from plastic wrap) and the cord was inside one similar. I took the keyboard out and looked it over. I flipped it over to see how easy it would be to take apart when I noticed the cracked plastic. In the below pictures you can sort of see it, but it's actually worse than the pictures show. The bottom black plastic is cracked from the screw hole to the edge, and the screw thing (IDK what it's called, the thing the screw goes inside) was broken and the screw was coming out of the seam between the silver and black plastic. I had a temporary fix, of just pushing the screw back where it needs to be, but come on, this shouldn't have happened. Like I posted above, the silver is lifting away from the black in this one corner, but I'll handle this later. So far my feelings are mixed. I decided to test the thing out, so I unplugged my old keyboard and plugged this in. I like it. It feels like a laptop. I've never got much use with laptops, but have always like the keyboards, so this is a plus. Oh, and did I mention this thing is thin? Like really thin, less than an inch in the widest part (probably less than 3/4 inch acutally). Anyways, I plugged it in and started typing my history report. It was a great time to test this thing out. I started typing, and noticed that I type faster, and that it's quiter too. A little way into my paragraph, I noticed that some of the keys aren't very responsive (space bar, numbers, etc.). Not good. I'm going to be doing a lot of precison heavy things with this (typing commands in Gentoo, file management, etc.) and I can't type a whole huge file directory into the command line only to find out after I hit enter that it missed a space or didn't register my / in front of a name. Overall though, I'm satisfied with my $7 keyboard. Too bad that it came broken and could be a little more responsive.

(30 minutes into the post)

So, I've been sitting here for 30 minutes, waiting for Photo-f*ck it to respond, so I've just decided, F this, I need to work, so I'll try again later .
    RIP Bucko

Austral Alien

www.imageshack.us FTW! I hate photo bucket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Austral Alien

BTW, that sucks that the keyboard is busted.
    At least you may not feel to bad about modding it.

PS: Simon, you have a PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello