Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield2 Demo now out!

Default Re: Battlefield2 Demo now out!

Downloading it now. It's taking forever. Depending on what it has in the demo I may not be doing any modding tonight, or tomorrow. Hell maybe not even all week.

And I agree with Jonopaul. Norton suck big style. It doesn't even pick up viruses. I use AVG and have had no problems at all. Combined with Ad aware I have been trouble free for 6months +.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    do you have SP2 on WinXP?
    Yes I do.

Fresh Paint

when i start up the demo i also get a black screen also.
    but i just have to wait for a minute orso and then hen continuis with the game so no worries here

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by jonopaul01
    Thansk for the Guide MC. How on earth do you guys survive with Norton? Bear in mind that this is my own opinion, but the thing is like a Virus itself. It gets in and then takes over your computer! I dunno what could be the problem though. Good luck with it.
    You think Nortons bad? Try Panda Antivirus! The damn thing has about a million process modules running in the background doing nothing, and after you uninstall it, you have to go to the Device Manager and Services to disable all those blasted proccesses ! Then, you need to use RegEdit to delete about a dozen useless registry entries, then delete whatever else is still lingering in the folder. Jeeze, my computer was a mess after that shenanigan.

Well, instead of having an antivirus program on my computer, I just install it on my garage server and "remote scan" my computer through the network.
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

Water Cooled

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    Yes I do.
    when you are downloading, check the top of the IE browser window. It may be blocking active content. You should be able to click it and tell it to all the content. That may fix your download issues
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown

Water Cooled

are you downloading with IE? shame on you for even using IE! try a download manager like FlashGet. it will be faster too since it opens multiple lines and pulls the data faster.

ATX Mental Case

DAP (paid for version) has a multiline download service. But it can be a bit of a hinderence (just a bit) asit only asks for a certain amount from each line and if all the other lines are finished and you are only halfway through the final line then you have to wait for it. Still, only a minor problem. Good luck with the demo anyway.
    btw, I run AVG (free edition) and McAfee. I have never ever had a problem with those two and McAfee is great, it even tells me where all my hack attempts come from. And I can tell you that most of them are from America, New york area especially.
    There is no other choice.

I'm not saying McAfee doesn't do its job... i'm just saying i think all the processes which are running are annoying as hell. lol

ATX Mental Case

I agree. But far better than norton!
    There is no other choice.

Overclocked

I think the demo is pretty good. Definetly buying this game since i can get it cheap for 20CDN when it comes out
    Mesh makes the world go around!!!!